Inventory Analysis Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partdetective
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory Analysis Report

I'm trying to find or create a report in AccountRight to help us with our obsolete stock analysis. Could anyone tell me if it's possible to create a report that shows the current stock on hand and the last sale date for each stock item? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Inventory Analysis Report

Hi @Partdetective 

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid that AccountRight doesn't have a report designed to show that information specifically.

The Item List or Items Register Report will show current stock on hand.

For the last sales date you can try running the Item Transactions report for the desired date range, set the 'source journal' to be 'Sales', it will list all sales transactions associated with each item within the date period.

These reports can then be exported to Excel for further customising.

Another option would be explore the App Marketplace. Some apps offer more customisable reporting options. 

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

492Posts

38Kudos

36Solutions

Re: Inventory Analysis Report

Hi @Partdetective 

As @Yanike_S  indicated a number of the MYOB Addon solutions can assist with more Advanced reporting over Sales, Inventory Margins etc.

As an example our solution BI4Cloud Business Intelligence comes with standard Inventory reports that show Inventory on Hand on Order etc and compare this to past Sales activity monthly and also showing the Number of weeks since each item was Last Sold. You can sort by or Filter by the Last Sold weeks to immediately see a list of all potential Obsolete stock, then export this to Excel. 

See this link for more details on this report - https://support.bi4cloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/203688480-Item-Sales-v-All-Inventory-Track-Inventory-...

Other reports also calculate Inventory cover or Turnover to show items that may still be selling occaisionally but are moving very slowly.

There is a free trial on our website BI4Cloud.com, feel free to use the trial to produce your Year End Obosolete Inventory reports.

If you really are a Part Detective you may also find our Sales & Margin reports will help you discover may other hidden issues like low margin Customers or which Salesreps are not generating as much Margin as others??

See these links for more ideas - 

Hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post