18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice Numbers keep jumping out of sequence with random numbers

I have attached a screenshot This does not always get picked up now I have invoices that are with clients that are out of sequence. I have had this issue for about 6 months or more i don't know how this happens i fix it then it keeps happening.

Would like to find a permanent solution to this issue 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 074728.png
3 REPLIES 3
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Invoice Numbers keep jumping out of sequence with random numbers

Hi @Wellsinoz,

Thank you for your post. 

The invoice number AutoNumber sequence can get pulled out sequence if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order. To fix this issue, you need to go into the invoice number field on the required sale and update the invoice number before recording that invoice. This process may need to be completed multiple times to ensure that AccountRight picks up on the latest invoice number sequence.  

You can also turn on the "warn for the duplicate Invoice Number on Recorded Sale" by going to Setup >> Preferences >> Sales. This is to warn the user that an invoice number has already been used by the system, and it can give you an indication to correct the invoice number so the AutoNumber does not go out of sequence.  

You can contact us again if you need further assistance or if you have questions or concerns. We are more than happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept Solution" to assist other user find this information 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Wellsinoz
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thansk for the reposnce They are not only out of sequence they are completly out if you take a lok at the screen shot. How does that happen ? 

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,379Posts

115Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @Wellsinoz,

My apologies for the late response and thank you for the screenshot. AccountRight follows an auto-number invoice sequence, where it takes the last recorded invoice number and increments it for the next invoice. For instance, if you record an invoice with number 00000010, the subsequent one will be 00000011, and so on.

However, there may be instances where the auto-number sequence gets disrupted, leading to the use of an older invoice number. This typically happens due to transaction deletions or manual edits. To realign the invoice numbers, you can manually update the invoice number to the desired value and then record the invoice. This action will readjust the auto-number sequence accordingly. Please note that it might take a few attempts to successfully update the invoice number to align with the desired sequence.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post