Invoice numbering

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KDEES
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice numbering

I'm getting a lot of invoices with the same number and even if I overwrite it reverts back to the next number that would have come up, great except that number has already been used . This has happened on at least 5 occasions since the 31st of January with some having at least 4 invoices with the same number.

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
NMolinaro
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice numbering

I am having issues with invoice numbering as well.  We have 2 x 00 in front of our invoice numbers and when entering the invoice number without the 00, a duplication is made.  ie 202149 and 00202149 to two different entities.  This never used to happen but is now and is a problem.  I don't know how to fix this as in the Setup and Sales Tab 'Warn for Duplicate' is ticked.

MYOB Please help!

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @KDEES 

Welcome to the Community Forum. The automatic invoice numbers tries to be helpful and fill in the gaps, so this can happen when a invoice is deleted or when converting quotes to invoices, it will use a blank spot not currently being used. The problem occurs when it does that and the next one will be that number +1.  (which possibly is already used)

The best way to fix this is to pick a higher number and type that in a few times (e.g. if its doing 101 you put in 201, then 202, 203 etc. until it picks up the new pattern and auto-fills correctly).

To avoid the issue you have with those 4 invoices using the same invoice number as other invoices, I recommend turning on the preference "Warn for duplicate invoice numbers on recorded sales". This can be found under the Setup then Preferences window, then under the Sales tab. 

if you have any further questions, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @NMolinaro 

For your situation, there is an issue recently occurring where the software is failing to identify duplicate transaction numbers where the ID numbers are different length of digits. 

The Best possible work around is to use 8 digits on all of the transactions, instead of having some with 6 and some with 8.

Doing it this way will ensure the software correctly flag duplicates if there is an invoice with that number with leading zeros.

Hope that explanation helps and if you have any further issues please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post