Item details not showing against corresponding account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
rbrown
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Item details not showing against corresponding account

I have an item which is set to go to  income account x however when I run a report it is showing in income account y.

I have downloaded the data using ODBCLink and the underlining data is showing the correct account x.

Account history is showing $0 for account x, however the information is showing in account y.

Backup database shows information has not changed for sometime.

Is anyone able to assist with this?

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Item details not showing against corresponding account

Hi @rbrown 

First of all I'd suggest checking the transactions recorded involving this item and account y, if any of the transactions are inventory adjustment, the allocation account would be manually entered at the time recording.

If they are item invoices/bills, the linked income account for that item could be set to account y at the time, please look up the transaction in Find Transactions which will display the accounts posted to when the transaction was recorded.

With the current linked account set to x, you can enter a dummy item transaction, before recording it use Ctrl + R to recap the transaction, which will show the accounts being posted to upon recording. If the recap is correct then the set up is done correctly going forward.

I hope this helps, please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post