Pay Bills and Allocating Credits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ROBERT
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Bills and Allocating Credits

I am entering a Group Payment using the clearing account called 'electronic clearing account',

When I enter a supplier with a Credit Invoice there is a popup giving an option to apply to invoice,

When I select 'Apply to purchase', none of the invoices show,

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay Bills and Allocating Credits

Hi @ROBERT 

When applying a debit note to a supplier you would go to Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits. This can also be accessed from the outstanding debit prompt in the Pay Bills window. From within the Returns & Debits window, you can select to apply the debit to an outstanding bill or receive a refund for it.

If you are looking at applying the debit to an outstanding bill the following conditions do need to be meet:

• The supplier does need to have an outstanding bill (or order) amount i.e. a transaction appears for that supplier in the Open Bills tab.
  • If categories are used, the debit note needs to have the same category as that of the outstanding bill - you can view the category listed on the transaction by opening it and reviewing the category field (bottom right).

In your case, I would imagine that you don't have the same category and would need to ensure that these are the same before you can apply that debit note to the outstanding bill.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post