Remove unused fields in the Invoicing Screen

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SirPorge
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Remove unused fields in the Invoicing Screen

I am using AccountRight Plus 2022.5.0 and I am trying to process hundreds of manual invoices per day and everything would work faster if we could remove certain columns in the sales screen.
Back Order,
Blank field inbetween back order and Item Number
Job
These fields just mean we have over 1000 additional key strokes each day
PLEASE HELP

4 REPLIES 4
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Remove unused fields in the Invoicing Screen

Hi

You could try using a different layout in the invoice screen - perhaps the service invoice would suit you better

To select the different types 

Go into an invoice and along the top ribbon (4th along) there is layout

Select the layout you want ( there are several so one will suit you)

and then record your invoice.

In the past when I have invoices for the same suppliers I have saved the invoice as a recurring transaction which further saves time

In the supplier card ( which you can access from the invoice screen - blue arrow next to name) you can set the layout default and also the expense account default

Hope this helps

Lisa

SirPorge
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

No this doesnt help, all this does is make our job slightly more difficult

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @SirPorge 

I'm afraid that the Enter Sales window cannot be customised, the only way you can change the columns used is by selecting different sales layouts. The recurring invoice template method mentioned by Lisa above is also a great option if you have similar data entries for multiple transactions. 

Another method you can consider is using the Import/Export assistant to import sales transactions. You can export sales transactions of the desired layout from AccountRight first, with all the export fields ticked. Open it in Excel and use it as a template, you can move column locations and/or remove columns (please ensure to keep all mandatory fields). Fill in the columns with actual transaction data, save it back to text file then import it into AccountRight. Here are some importing and exporting tips should you need.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SirPorge
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply CloverQ

This still doesnt work for us.

recurring sales are based on customers who order specific items every time and this feature has been available since we started using MYOB in 2002.

it doesn't work when you have over 800 customers who order different products almost every time. We currently have around 400 products.

MYOB Premier required 2 key strokes after the qty field in the sales form before you reached the product field and now in Accountright 2022 you require 3 key strokes.

This equates to an average 1000 extra key stokes per day.

5000 per week and 250000 per year.

I dont understand why MYOB would change such a simple yet rock solid sales

entry form and made it slightly more time consuming.

You also commented on the import and export routines.

why have MYOB at all if I have to go through the process of extra steps that would be required to import sales from a secondary system, being an App or excel, Access or any third party.

This causes major stress as most data entry people do not have systems/programming backgrounds when something could go wrong, in an update, networking issues, file

structure changes in MYOB after an update or third partly updates.

Too hard.

The simplest way to fix this is have a setting that allows the user to switch feilds

on and off. Similar how most databases allows you to hide/unhide fields 

Anyway I am tied to MYOB because it's the only accounting package in this price bracket that supports multiple price levels per product.

Thank you for your response but it won't help.

regards 

SirPorge

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post