Request for documentation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
StefaniaF
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Request for documentation

I have received a document via post requesting personal information. 

"Your service will be restricted if you don't submit required documents"

This is not secure at all and MYOB should not ask for personal details, as they are not necessary for the business’ functions or activities.

I would say MYOB is breaching privacy.

Is MYOB an APP entity?

Please read here: https://legalvision.com.au/collecting-id-documentation/ 

Personal users' IDs are irrelevant to the functioning of the system.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2021C00452 

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/guidance-and-advice/protecting-customers-personal-information

Also MYOB cannot ask for personal ID without disclosing terms of use, terms and conditions and privacy policy. In addition to this a data breach preparation and response plan must be supplied prior requesting ID.

12.33 - READ HERE: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles-guidelines/chapter-12-app-12-access-to...

Does a ground of refusal exist?

• There are ten grounds on which you may refuse to give access to personal information. These grounds are:
    • you reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety
    • giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
    • the request for access is frivolous or vexatious
    • the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
    • giving access would reveal your intentions in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations
    • giving access would be unlawful
    • denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order
    • you have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to your functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter
    • giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conduct by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body
    • giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within your organisation in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: NOT SECURE!!! Request from MYOB to SUPPLY PERSONAL ID

Hi @StefaniaF 

I've reached out to the Payments Review Team who will be in contact to discuss your concerns.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need assistance in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Request from MYOB to SUPPLY PERSONAL ID

Hi @StefaniaF 

The request for additional information is due to recent changes to anti-money laundering and customer due diligence obligations, and a change to our verification requirements for all customers of MYOB’s Online Invoice Payments service.

All financial institutions, including MYOB, have a regulatory requirement to ensure that when offering a financial service, we verify individuals associated with a business that is applying or has applied for a financial product.

By providing this information, you are playing a key part in keeping Australia's payment system free of money laundering.

If you do not meet the request for additional information, your service will be restricted for Online Invoice Payments service, access to your MYOB product will remain active for everything else.

With regards to your concerns, at the time of applying for MYOB’s Online Invoice Payments (OIP) service you were required to consent to the OIP Terms and Conditions and would also have been directed to the MYOB Privacy Policy as part of that consent. No customer can sign up to the OIP service without doing the above.

Clause 15(b) of the OIP Terms and Conditions states as follows (orange text references the consent required in the current context):

15(b) You must comply, at your own cost with all reasonable conditions, procedural requirements and directions notified to you by us in connection with your (and your customers’) use of MYOB’s Invoicing Service, or a specific Payment Channel, including in relation to:

i. initiating, processing or effecting of transactions, including Payments or Adjustments, through a Payment Channel;

ii. the format of materials issued by you in relation to a Payment Channel;

iii. dealings with confidential information of ours or a 3rd Party; or

iv. consents to the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information under Privacy Law, as and when reasonably required by us.

Clause 7 of the Privacy Policy states: (orange text references the consents provided in the current context)

7. Why does MYOB collect your personal information?

We collect your personal information (including information entered or uploaded by you, or on your behalf, into our products or services) for the purpose of:

•  verifying your identity
  •  meeting our regulatory and legal obligations ;
  •  providing you with our products and services including our online accounting and financial services   products];
  •  helping us operate, protect, improve and develop our business (including our products and services) and our users' experience, for example, by performing analytics and conducting research;
  • obtaining information about your commercial credit worthiness (e.g. credit score checks);
  • helping us customise and improve your experience;
  • assisting your authorised third parties (eg your accountant, bookkeeper or a third party financier);
  • providing technical and other service support, administrative messages, reminders, technical notes, updates and information to you and your authorised third parties;
  • keeping you informed about our products and services and those of our relevant business and joint initiative partners, and tailoring this information to your needs and interests;
  • enabling secure access to our products and services;
  • participating in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets;
  • responding to any feedback, queries or complaints;
  • processing a job application that you've submitted;
  • fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations; and
  • otherwise as may be required for the general management and conduct of our business.

Based on this prior consent to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy at the time of signing up to MYOB’s Online Invoice Payments Service, MYOB is entitled to request additional detail to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations and to ensure that when offering a financial service, we verify individuals associated with a business that is applying or has applied for a financial product.

For more information and FAQs click here: Updates to online invoice payments 

For our community forum post click here: Request for additional information for online invoice payments 

We will get a member of our Payments Review Team to contact you and resolve any additional queries or concerns.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

StefaniaF
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

NO ONE has called me, nor I have received the email you guys said you would send with all information about this ID identification.

I am not surprised by this because MYOB service has become appalling!

Whenever I call to get assistance with something, I either can't get on hold of people and have to wait for hours (I always hung up because I can't stay on the phone on hold for that long), or I find customer service people that snore on the phone, don't speak or understand English, lazy that don't want to help, etc...

I am on annual leave from today and won't be able to receive phone calls while overseas until the end of may.

In the meantime, do you mind emaling me what you have been promise to email for the past month?

That would be great to start with!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @StefaniaF 

I've been advised by the Payments Review team that they did attempt to call you but the calls went to voicemail. They have also advised that they have emailed you and are waiting for your reply.

Additionally, I have provided the requested information in my previous reply on this Forum thread. If you have further questions please do reply to that email from the Payments Review team.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

StefaniaF
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

No they did not call me as I don't have a voice mail service on my phone.

Also I did not receive any email and I have been emailing you guys and all I keep getting is why  am I asking for that info.

The whole situation is dumb!

Sorry would you mind telling me what is that you want from me about our ID documents?

You guys give half information and don't explain absolutely anything, and expext clients to understand?

How do you want me to provide our ID?

On an open platform? or to a random person from Asia over the phone? so identity fraud can be done?

You are delusional!

Ridiculous!

Please do me a favor and just let me know what is that you want from us?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @StefaniaF 

What you received in the mail was a general notification to let you know that we would be in contact if we required any additional documents. As your Online payments service is not being used and has been disabled we didn't require that additional documentation so the request email was not sent.

If we did require additional documentation the OIP contact would have received the request email, which includes a secure FTP link that is unique to your business for uploading those documents.

For security and privacy, emails regarding your queries have been sent to the OIP (Online invoice payments) contact, this in not the email address linked to your Forum log in.

The Payments Review team are now going to email both you and the OIP contact to confirm if you want to use the OIP service and what information they need.

If you don't want to use the Online invoice payments service, you can advise the Payments Review team when you receive that email. You will not need to provide any additional documents.

Please also note that "Your service will be restricted if you don't submit required documents", refers only to the Online invoice payments service, not your MYOB file.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

StefaniaF
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Finally some explanation on what all this is about, instead of just hints here and there.

Great, because we don't want to use the Online invoice payments service.

Kind regards

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @StefaniaF 

I've let the Payments Review team know that you don't want to use the Online invoice payments service.

Enjoy your holiday.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post