Some Customer Card Balances Showing Incorrect Credits + Incorrect Average Days To Pay Data

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Some Customer Card Balances Showing Incorrect Credits + Incorrect Average Days To Pay Data

I was reading this post https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Customer-Card-showing-a-credit/td-p/6... as we have a similair problem.

I have now come accross at least 2 cutomer cards that are showing Credits, but there is no logical reason for this and no real actual credits for these customers.

What is involved having our company file rebalanced and how long would we be without it?

We also have a similiar thing with AVERAGE DAYS TO PAY data. For some Customer cards the data is totally incorrect showing things like 20,000 days? Is that a similiar issue?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Nathan 

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Some Customer Card Balances Showing Incorrect Credits + Incorrect Average Days To Pay Data

Hi @nduro 

The process for getting that company file sent in for that card rebalance would be you would look at taking a backup at your end and then uploading that file through to us for our team to review. While we have that company file, you can continue to work on the file and our repair team will be in contact to arrange for a current file to come in if required.

If you feel that you do need the  file needs to come in for that re-balance getting screenshots of the following information would be required:

• The Returns and Credits window for the customer - Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
  • The Aged Receivables - Outstanding invoice analysis window - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Choose the customer's card>>Arrow next to the list Balance
  • The Reconciliation [Detial] report for that customer run for the date of 31/12/9998- Reports>>Sales>>Ageing>>Reconciliation [Detial]

You also mentioned the average days to pay showing unusually odd numbers. This is something that we are aware of occurring and have passed onto the required team. It is commonly caused by recording a $0.00 invoice and then updating the values on that invoice after the fact. This particular situation occurs irrespective of the card balance issues you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Some Customer Card Balances Showing Incorrect Credits + Incorrect Average Days To Pay Data

Hi Steven,

Thanks for this information. I would like to try this process and see if we can get the file fixed and cleaned up.

That is good if we can keep working with file, will you investigate it from the backup file. We use the file 5 days a week so will need to be able to keep working.

I can provide the screenshots etc.

Please advise what the next steps will be and who to send it to etc?

Thanks,

Nathan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @nduro 

The requested screenshots can be added to a Forum post using the Choose File (bottom of the post reply field) or through the use of the Photos option when composing the message.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to send that information privately, it can be sent through as a private message to myself. Note: If you are using the private message system you would only be able to use the Photos/images option to upload those screenshots.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thanks for this. I will prepare the images and send them via private message.

Can you please just explain a bit more for me how the rebalance process works, so we can keep working on our current file, while the MYOB team work on the copy upload to rebalance it.

Whats happens with the time different and data changes in between when we send a copy of the file and keep using our master local file?

Are they eventually merged or something at end?

Just worried about data lose and timeing of the process.

Thanks

Nathan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @nduro 

The data file repair process for AccountRight 20xx files is:

1. The user would take a backup of the file
  2. Upload that backup to our Dropzone/secure FTP account
    They can continue to work on the file, if able to do so.
  3. Our team will assess the file and work on a repair on that file
  4. Once a repair has been found, they do send that file back to you to look at the repaired file to ensure you are happy and the fix has worked
  5. If you have used that file while we have completed that work, our team can work with you to arrange for the current file to come in for that same fix and then return that file back to you.

The above process has been structured to try to minimise the downtime for the user. As such, the company file comes in for an initial fix. If its been worked on during that time at the user's end we arrange for an updated copy of the file to be sent in for the same repair.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Just putting these Screenshots and data together.

I cannot find the Reconciliation [Detial] report for that customer run for the date of 31/12/9998- Reports>>Sales>>Ageing>>Reconciliation [Detial]

Is that the same as  Reports>>Sales>>Receivables >> Receivables Reconciliation [Detial]  ??

Thanks

Nathan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @nduro 

We would require that Receivable Reconciliation [Detial] report*. This is located in the Reports>>Sales>>Ageing>>Receivable Reconciliation [Detial]

*Not to be confused with the Aged Receivable [Detial] report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Finally got time to look at this stuff. I have tried to send a private message but when I click on your name and send message it just go to a page titled "Private Messages" and no other options?

Am I missing something. Should be straight forward Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Nathan 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @nduro 

Since your previous posts, we had to make private message access MYOB Moderator controlled. I've since granted you that access so you should be free to allow send that private message now.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post