WHEN INVOICE ENTERED COS ACCOUNT ENTRY NOT SHOWING

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

WHEN INVOICE ENTERED COS ACCOUNT ENTRY NOT SHOWING

After sale/invoice entered upon checking tranactions there is no entry (Debit) to the COS sales acount and no corresponding entry (Credit) to Inventory account.

I have spent hours over the last 3 days on the phone to MYOB and they have been unable to come up with a resolution.

I cannot delete inventory entries after deleting the sale/invoice. Have marked items inactive and re-entered but still same problem.  

Started this month - out of approx 50 sale/invoices for this month there are at least half not showing entry to COS account and inventory account. 

Seems to have started doing this for invoices done for this month.

10 REPLIES 10
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,869 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,869Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Re: WHEN INVOICE ENTERED COS ACCOUNT ENTRY NOT SHOWING

Hi @Narellecables , if you edit one of these invoices, add a full stop to the journal memo, click OK, then reopen it,  does the cos entry now appear (are you looking at the recap or at another screen?).

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

I opened an invoice, entered full stop at end of journal memo – checked COS account and still no entry – I opened invoice and Recap – I went to transaction and Recap – STILL no entry to COS account.

Carolinadg
MYOB Staff
38 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

38Posts

2Kudos

4Solutions

Hey @Narellecables 

How have these invoices been entered into ARL? have they been imported? have you hit the API directly? Are they coming from a third-party software?

Cheers, 

Carolina

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Carolina,

Thank you for your reply.

Sales are being entered directly into AccountRight - process is Quote, then to confirmed PO then when customer PO is received and then invoiced when items are to be delivered. I have noticed though that some of the information on the PO is being copied from outside of AccountRight - e.g. client contact information being entered on PO from email. 

The supplier Purchase Order is entered directly into AccountRight.

All items we sell are purchased and are entered into AccountRight. Each item has its own unique number, COS account, sale account and inventory account is used on all items.

Sorry not sure what you mean by this - 'have you hit the API directly?'

Carolinadg
MYOB Staff
38 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

38Posts

2Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @Narellecables , 

Thank you for that info super helpful, and have you noticed if this is happening for all of your sales regardless of which item(s) are in the sale? 

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Carolina,

Seems to be random but has only started for sales processed this month - doesnt matter if the item was purchased in December or purchased this month. 

If there is more than one item on the sales invoice it is the value for all items on the invoice that is not appearing for the inventory and COS accounts.

Yesterday I entered a 'TEST 1' item and everything was OK - after doing sales invoice entry to Inventory and COS account is there. Just did the sale - didnt do usual process of Quote then Customer Purchase Order.

Another sales invoice was processed yesterday that didnt have any information 'copied' from any other source and the inventory and COS entries did not appear.

Thank you

Carolinadg
MYOB Staff
38 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

38Posts

2Kudos

4Solutions

@Narellecables  Do you have a screenshot on what it looks like when you recap that transaction? how are you seeing that it is not impacting the COGS account?

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Screen files attached

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Carolina,

I have been checking everyting - transactions recap, sales invoice and recap sales invoice, inventory and COS accounts.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post