Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Individual invoice and quote number sequences

Experienced User

76Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

76 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

I'd love to see an option that allows for 2 different number sequences for invoices and quotes! Having to rename them when switching is kind of clunky and can easily be missed when one is in a hurry and then you end up with invoices that are quotes and quotes that are invoices...  🫨

Thanks for considering.

Michael

4 Comments
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @mscheurer

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are grateful for your time sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. We regret any difficulties you are experiencing due to the absence of this option that will allow 2 different number sequences for invoices and quotes. We thank you for your understanding and continued support. We will make sure to relay your suggestions to the team. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

jenni
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, 

Invoice and quote numbers run together instead of separate. I would like to use the quote section but after testing, found that it mixes quotes with invoice numbers and is confusing.  I would like to give 4 of our staff members access to the quote area, but because there will be so many quotes compared to jobs invoiced, the number system would blow out and be disaterous.  I would have to keep looking up the last invoice/quote number to make sure I'm using the correct "next" number before I create the invoice/quote.  Why was number sequencing changed, when it apparently previously had separate numbering sequences for invoices and quotes?

Surely this would be an easy fix!

Thanks,

Jenni

mscheurer
Experienced User
76 Posts
Experienced User

Surely this would be an easy fix!

If they actually cared it would be...

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Jenni,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

I've checked this matter on our end and can confirm that the suggestion to enhance quotes by using a separate number sequence from the invoice has already been raised and forwarded to the developers. Please be assured that this matter is being addressed, and we will update you as soon as we receive any available information from the team.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess