Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

New Payroll Feedback

Cover User

3Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
New
New

Hi there, 

Not sure where to post this but I would like to post some client feedback

IR345 - the old PDF printout on a monthly basis was invaluable for clients. I have had several clients ask me where to find this and I have to direct them to the employer deductions report. This needs to be made clearer so clients can access it

Payslips - I have some clients who like to printout or save all the payslips as a PDF. Now they have to download them individually. It would be great to reinstate the bulk download please

Payslips - one client noted the payslip download file now just says payslip, it does not state the date of the payrun anymore which was a timesaver when saving the file

Leave Report - it would be great to have the option to include accumulated leave in the leave report in an additional column, and perhaps their usual weekly hours to understand the impact of the weeks

Payrun - it would be great if the option was reinstated to email the payroll email address a copy of the payslips for filing, as well as the employees when doing a payrun

Thank you

Robert

10 Comments
Tans1
1 Post
User

Plus add to to that list

- When downloading a Payroll Summary Report to include the report date range in the file name 

- Ability to create the Employer deductions report for individual months, rather than just the financial year

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @TreborNZ,

Thank you for sharing this insightful and comprehensive feedback. Your insights are incredibly valuable in enhancing our system's usability and ensuring it caters to your needs effectively. We'll make sure to forward this detailed feedback to our development team. Your suggestions about reinstating certain functionalities and improving clarity in various reports will certainly be considered for future updates. To ensure these ideas receive the attention they deserve, we'll be moving your post to our Product Ideas board. This will allow other users to vote on these ideas, and our development team will review and consider them for future updates. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we're committed to making enhancements based on customer feedback.

If you have more suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to share them with us. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Tans1,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I appreciate you sharing and adding to the suggestion lists. Your feedback is truly valuable. Rest assured that this list of ideas has been added for review by our development team. Your input is instrumental in enhancing and shaping our platform to better suit the needs of our customers.

If you've got more suggestions or any additional ideas or concerns, please feel free to share them with us. I’m here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Meena
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Robert,

Agree with your list and I have just added my feedback (issues) as well:

1 - You have to go in and manually load new staff into IRD, previously this was done with the IR Filing.

2 - You can't split pays.

3 - No 1 page summary printout (showing previous week / current pay and wage total) so you now can't double check the wage payment amount when filing with the bank without printing 4+ pages of employee earnings (not needed or required by IRD as all that information goes with the IR filing. 

4 - No payslip preview screen - a handy double check to see that you have entered the correct hours for staff - especially over public holidays with staff working different days.

5 - The data entry screen that you have to drill into for each staff member - it's awful, hard to read and enter the pay hours / information.

6 - Have to select via drop down boxes the holidays staff have off - this doesn't work when they have split days off, this is a waste of time and not needed.

7 - Have to select via drop down boxes the public holiday worked - again just another unnecessary step taking up time.

8 - Cannot select more than 1 public holiday, what happens at Christmas / New Years - do I have to go in twice?

9 - Automatically defaults to a day in lieu owing for a public holiday worked (this isn't always correct), yet you have to 'check' the time and a half box so that staff are paid time and a half - this is law for working a public holiday so shouldn't even need to be a box I have to remember to 'check'.

10 - Payment date continally defaults to the day after the working week which then makes it hard to find the payees and also then creates an error message saying the bank may reject the file due to an incorrect date....

11 - I DO NOT want to muck around with (or have the time for) clearing accounts, changing dates, making file names and then making sure I select the staff to be paid and then making sure that matches the wage amount (but there's no paperwork I can double check against as that function / report is now gone) - I just want the 'download bank file' button back. 

Payrolluser
2 Posts
User

Hi there, 

I am not a fan of the new update around pay roll and creating pay runs for a number of reasons - 

1. The pay run page no longer includes a list of employees and when they were last paid - our employees are paid on different dates, so now I have to go and find their most recent pay slip to find the dates they were last paid before I can start a pay run - this is wasting my time. It also provided a good summary to know when each employee was last paid in case you forgot about one. To make matters worse.............

2. Now the employees pay history is no longer on their "pay history" page of their profile - all their past pay runs are together with all the other employees' past pay runs on another page. I suggest moving this back as it was a really good summary page for each employee, in the relative location on their profile. To make matters worse..........

3. The one page that lists all the employees' past pay runs doesn't state which pay run was for which employee - please include another column which specifies the employee name so we can see which pay run is for which employee. Having to click into each one is just wasting time.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @TreborNZ and @Payrolluser,

Thank you for your insights regarding the recent updates to the payroll system. We valued our customers’ feedback and recommendations, and we completely understand the challenges these changes have posed in terms of efficiency and user experience. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We've noted your concerns regarding the changes impacting your business workflow. Your suggestions to reinstate and bring back the previous payroll system are incredibly valuable. We will be forwarding this list of features that need enhancements to the relevant team.

If you have other suggestions about the payroll changes, please feel free to share them with us. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Leigh_Utton
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes I totally agree with all these comments.

Also,

we are working remotly and did a pay run early for some of our employees to help them over christmas, now we are unable to do a second payrun for the same period to pay the rest of our staff over the christmas period.

Obvioulsy we are so angry!!!!! MYOB essentials was a great system that we really loved, but not beig able to pay staff is the number 1 sin in business!!!!

@TreborNZ wrote:

Hi there, 

Not sure where to post this but I would like to post some client feedback

IR345 - the old PDF printout on a monthly basis was invaluable for clients. I have had several clients ask me where to find this and I have to direct them to the employer deductions report. This needs to be made clearer so clients can access it

Payslips - I have some clients who like to printout or save all the payslips as a PDF. Now they have to download them individually. It would be great to reinstate the bulk download please

Payslips - one client noted the payslip download file now just says payslip, it does not state the date of the payrun anymore which was a timesaver when saving the file

Leave Report - it would be great to have the option to include accumulated leave in the leave report in an additional column, and perhaps their usual weekly hours to understand the impact of the weeks

Payrun - it would be great if the option was reinstated to email the payroll email address a copy of the payslips for filing, as well as the employees when doing a payrun

Thank you

Robert

harperbuilders
2 Posts
User

I would love to have the IR345 available again, it was so much better than the new version, wish they could reinstate it

harperbuilders
2 Posts
User

I too preferred the MYOB essentials system, by far superior to this one and much more user friendly, this system is a lot of hard work and finding anything in the reports is like entering a minefield, quite frankly its a little overwhelming now.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @harperbuilders,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

Apologies for the delayed response. After further checking on our end, I've determined that the IR345 is no longer required by the IRD. Instead, we recommend utilizing the Employer Deductions Report, which serves as a viable alternative to the IR345 and is readily accessible in MYOB Business. For further information, please refer to this Help article, Learn about payroll changes after upgrading.

However, we understand that you found the previous version more beneficial. Please be assured that we value your input and will continue to improve our services.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess