Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
StormDance
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Wondering if it was possible to add a search column in sales invoices that is for the manually entered "Purchase Order" field on an invoice.  I work for a dance school and we invoice fees, costumes, exams, uniforms etc so it would be really helpful if we could search by this field otherwise we have to go into each one of a customers invoices individually to see what it is for.  I see that you can do this for the similar field in Bills which is the manually entered "Supplier Invoice No." field on a bill.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @StormDance

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the Purchase order field.

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M

Surely there are enough requests for this information that MYOB are able to give an idea as to when we will be able to search on the PO number???

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

As have been mentioned this idea is currently marked as Under Consideration and at this stage we don't have a time frame for when this particular idea will be marked for development/in the program. However we do understand the need for it and thank clients that have submitted their feedback and votes for this idea.

dddd
4 Posts
Cover User

myob v14 that ive just upgraded from has that feature... so why not this new version?

so simple but it sh!ts me to tears

Mizuno57
4 Posts
Cover User

please can they concider the adding of our customer order numbers to be viewed on the invoice list, i do a lot of work for the same customers and some times all the invoices are around the same value. to check if i have invoiced my customer on a particular order number i have to open each invoice to see if i have invoiced on that order number. this is very slow and frustrating when on my old myob on the computor i could see the order number at a glance on the invoice and the quote list. please can this be seen into soon.

thanks

Mizuno57
4 Posts
Cover User

the order number could be installed in where the expiry of the invoice is i am sure all of us know when our invoices are due for payment.

i am sure this is not all that hard to do just a push of a few buttons

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Surely there have been enough votes and comments to have this simple criteria added to a search function - the field is already there to add the PO number in, which obviously is used by a number of people, why can't we just search for this as well???

This was first requested back in 2013 - it's not a request that is too advanced!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

Thank you for the follow up on your idea

At this stage we don't have a direct timeframe when this particular idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. However its great to see that this idea has had a large number of votes and comments, we can certainly see the benefit and impact that it will have for clients.