Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AIM - broken since Business Upgrade

For all the other AIM users that are stuck (3 months and counting) - MYOB have confirmed that the issue is not fixed and that if you pay wages then your AIM return will be incorrect.

No timeline for resolution.

Frustratedmyob1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Calzac, yes my AIM is not working from the first time I posted this message.

I have for the last few reports added a manual figure in under a different heading because wages is not pulling through on my cash reports - I just double check all my figures first with the Profit and Loss for the same time period. As of April 1 2024 -2025 I will change to Accruals basis for accounting, not the Cash basis for accounting, as the report pulls all the wages through on this.

I was going to move to Xero, but I was told Xero only does Accruals basis, not cash basis as well, so I am guessing this is the problem we now have since the AIM upgrade. 

Anyhow I have figured out how to do it manually and I keep both the Profit and Loss and my Aim report with my manual adjustment together  - for IRD purposes.

Because unfortunately as you know you can't file AIM manually through IRD....

Lots of self learning, as the contact system is useless

I did however finally get a number to contact MYOB, but at this stage, I have other things taking priority.

Good luck.

I would change to Xero because of the uselessness of this upgrade, the only thing stopping me is that I lose lots of information from previous years.

All the best

Calzac
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Nice to know I'm not the only one who is stuck.

I'll try the workaround as I expect it will be months before this is fixed.

I also have a lot of historical data which makes a move hard?

MYOB - will you be offering a refund for your defective product? I'm sure the disputes tribunal would find in my favor.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

180Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Calzac,

I understand your frustration - about- be specific. It's great to hear that you're open to trying the workaround. While I can't dive into refund specifics, I'd suggest heading to our website to share your thoughts on the upgrade. Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Calzac
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ok. For those who have recently joined the AIM disaster....

If you use the cash accounting basis for GST and pay wages - AIM returns no longer work. They haven't worked  since the forced upgrade which must be close to 6 months ago now.

You can work around the problem by filing an accrual based AIM return but it will have the wrong wage figure. Filing returns that you know to be wrong might irritate IRD. You can hack the return to get the right number at the bottom of the return by manually calculating and adding an adjustment.

I keep getting told its a priority to fix... I'm sure the ChatGPT moderator will soon respond thanking me for my understanding and patience.

I don't understand why this is still broken - rather than thanking me, just fix it.

I look forward to a real person contacting me to discuss the refund

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

273Solutions

Hi @Calzac,

We understand your frustration with the current situation regarding this issue. If you require a refund, I would recommend raising a case via your MyAccount. Our team will promptly review your request and get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post