first accounts 3.1 will it work with windows 11

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cessna172
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

first accounts 3.1 will it work with windows 11

Hi there,

we are still running first accounts v3.1 , yes i know its ancient but it works for me fine , currently using windows 7 on our old pc which is about to be replaced , the questions i have is , is v3.1 compatiable with windows 11 ?, and if not how do i go about upgrading it and transfering all my data to our new computer without having major issues , we are a small farming business so only need a basic accounting program.

Many thanks Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: first accounts 3.1 will it work with windows 11

Hi @cessna172 

FristAccounts is a VERY old version of the software like pre-2000 version. In theory, if it worked on Windows 7 it would potentially work on Windows 11 but it certainly wouldn't be supported in that environment by MYOB.

My recommendation, if you are in a position to upgrade, would be to look into the latest MYOB Business range as per MYOB Business and we would more than likely be able to migrate that data across as well as per MYOB Upgrade.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @cessna172 

I haven't used that version and am not using Windows 11 but you may be able to copy the whole programme folder over and find the application file to open it on Windows 11. For example, I have copied all of the MYOB v12 to v16 over to my new Windows 10 laptop and have found the MYOB.exe file and modified it for each version (MYOB12.exe, MYOB13.exe, etc.) and have been able to use each version on Windows 10. I have to use workarounds for links to MS Office but otherwise, it works. Worth a try.

Cheers

Liz

cessna172
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

thank you so much for your reply and suggestions , if i decide not to up grade but carry on with my  v3.1 , what would the process be in as far as transferring the programe and all my first accounts data over to a new windows 11 laptop?.

cheers

cessna172
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there Liz ,

thank you so much for advice , just not sure yet which will be the less stressfull way to go ,

cheers

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @cessna172 

Due to its age, we wouldn't be able to supply any information in relation to moving such an old version to a new computer.

However, it would likely be a case of installing that older version on the new computer and then copying the company file across to that new computer. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

cessna172
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated,

Cheers Chris

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Hi @cessna172 

The only 'fatal' thing that will prevent your software running on Windows 11 (or Windows 10) is if the software is 16 bit. For example MYOB v10 is 16 bit and stopped working on Windows 10 as Microsoft removed backward compatibility support for 16 bit applications. MYOB v12 for example is a 32 bit application and runs fine.

So find out how to check if an application is 16 bit, 32 bit or 64 bit (google/bing etc). If your software is 16 bit, then it won't work. If is is 32 bit it will work, however perhaps not install. This is when things like copying the application can work if installation fails.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post