Forum Discussion

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
11 months ago

Advanced Workforce Management - Consultants & Support will be visible to UI again shortly.

Hi Workforce Management Consultants/support,

We’re going to be changing the treatment of Partner (Consultant) & Super User (Support/Operations) accounts shortly to make these accounts visible to the UI. 
This is done by removing the IS_SUPPORT flag from the accounts)

This has several important effects:

1. We can again manage user access properly via the UI for Partner & Super Users (MYOB Staff & Partner consultants). 
    This has some large benefits for the support team processes in this space, reducing some of our internal wait time.
  2. End Users will be aware of what accounts have access to their system.
    This may generate some questions, but this empowers our users with the correct security information for their environment going forwards.
  3. End Users of the level “Manager with Payroll” or “Administrator” will be able to view any profile information against your profile, this will reveal your email address if they check, and any phone number you have set.

For the above reason I’ll be requesting 2 changes from Engineering at once:

1. Remove Support flag from all Super & Partner users.
  2. Change the name of all Super & Partner users to be First name, Initial, first part of email address.
    An example is:
    I will be changed to: Will H MYOB
    If I was at a partner consultancy and my email address was will@expertbusinessconsulting.com.au , I’d see my name as Will H EXPERTBUSINESSCONSULTING

You shouldn’t have to do anything from this change, though you may want to check your profile and remove your phone number if you had entered it (like I had).

No RepliesBe the first to reply