Forum Discussion

5 years ago

AE System Release Keeps Crashing - Since 2019 Update

Hi All,

We've been having issues with all users with MYOB AE's System Release crashing.

On the SQL Server, we're getting the following error each time system release closes unexpectingly.

This has been happening since the 2019 update a few weeks ago. Has anybody else come across this issue?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi IT_Dan_The_Man ,

That Error screenshot doesn't seem to have come through correctly.  Can you try posting again?

(Note, I don't know AE at all, but I know Delphi apps, and I know MS SQL Server, so I might be able to help from general knowledge).

Will_SolnX
        Super Partner

Hmm, unfamilair to me, though my general read is that it's disconnecting people for being inactive.  Is there a new profile setting around idle timeouts maybe?

• We have been having this with one of our customers on and off for a while does not all ways crash.

We used to be getting an unexpected network error due to UNC path, but I have corrected that, and this still remains. Staff being in AE with TAX called and doing estimates or F3 / F4 options and it is crashing. 

You can go back in sometimes right after do the same thing again and it works my customer tells me. 

Since cleaning up the UNC paths I have been struggling to find the last UNC path that AE is reading when a user loads tax form with in AE as the full error logs shows below and am wondering if that’s related ? and where can I find it to replace it from UNC to the mapped drive?.

The items I have marked in BLUE are UNC paths that I fixed though various AE/TAX config menus however the final crash module in red shows a UNC path still, server named starred out on purpose. 

**Log attached**

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi ScottV 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered their assistance with your enquiry.

I understand looking at your account that our phone-based team are going ongoing investigation with yourself into your enquiry. At this stage, we are still working through with yourself to find a resolution to that.