Forum Discussion

stef2
User
5 days ago

Petsy

RE:  Payroll Reporting and Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hello everyone, I am new to MYOB, so I need some help.  I am trying to finalise the payroll for the financial year 30.6.2024  and found that some of the wages lodged with the ATO during the quarter April 2024 to June 2024 have been lodged as Update Events, instead of Pay Events.  Even though the Payroll Register Report and the Payroll Activity Statement and the EOF Finalisation all agree with the MYOB Accounts, I am afraid that the ATO figures does not agree with my records and only show 3 weeks wages as being lodged, instead of the 13 weeks for the quarter.   Also, back in January 2024, I lodged an amendment to cancel a pay run, but the ATO did not receive or it was not processed, even though the STP Report shows the amendment as being lodged.  The ATO is showing the wage as paid when it actually wasn't. 

I have been reading up all the "What to do" items online, and I think its alright, but its hard when you are unable to talk to someone, who can actually explain.

Can someone help me as to what I should be doing.

3 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi stef2,

Thank you for the post. It sounds like you're encountering some challenges with finalizing your payroll and ensuring that the ATO receives the correct information. 

Update Events are generally used for corrections and amendments to previously submitted data, while Pay Events should be used for regular payroll submissions. If some wages were lodged as Update Events instead of Pay Events, this could be why the ATO records are not aligning with your MYOB records. If you lodged an amendment in January 2024 and the ATO did not receive it, it could be due to a submission error. It's crucial to ensure that you receive a confirmation receipt from the ATO after submitting any amendments.

For us to resolve this, go to the Payroll Reporting Centre and check the status of your submissions. Look for any errors or issues that may need correction. If you find that some wages were incorrectly lodged as Update Events, you may need to re-lodge these as Pay Events. If there are discrepancies that you cannot resolve through your end, it may be necessary to contact the ATO directly to clarify what they have received and what may need correction.

If you're still experiencing issues, you can reach out to our live chat agent through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support request via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai

• Thank you Sai for your reply.  I will do as you suggested and I have tried a live chat with MOCA, but I could not get help  and I have submitted a support request, but have not heard back from them.  So to relodge any pay runs, do I need to reverse the pays shown on MYOB as being paid and then relodge them again with ATO? 

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi stef2,

Yes, you need to reverse the pays that have already been processed. This will ensure that MYOB reflects the correct payroll data. After reversing the pays, you can then relodge the corrected pay runs with the ATO.

Regards,

Sai