Changing Pay cycles

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stevet
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Changing Pay cycles

Hi

We use AccountRight Premier.

We want to change from a fortnightly payroll cycle to a monthly payroll cycle and we would like to do this at the end of the 2019 financial year. So, the last pay in the 2019 financial year would be a fortnightly pay and first pay in the 2020 financial year would be a monthly pay. Any advice as to pitfalls and/or considerations for this changeover would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything in particular I should look out for?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Changing Pay cycles

HI @stevet

In terms of things to keep an eye on when changing the pay frequency, one of the big ones would be the entitlement calculations, particularly if the employees are on a salary basis. As most entitlements for salaried employees will be a fixed amount per pay period, if the pay period increased this would cause an imbalance in the amount of the entitlement that the employee will receive.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,015Kudos

569Solutions

@stevet

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The biggest thing is to talk to your staff and let them know what is happening.

When the change happens they will miss out on a fortnights pay and if they are on tight budgets, like most of us these days, it can have major ramifications.

By that I mean they will get paid one week then the next pay will be at least four weeks away, depending on what day of the month are you going to pay on.

I know when it happened to me it was a nightmare for the first few months until I sorted out a new budget.

Make sure you have set exactly how they will be paid. e.g. all staff paid on last working day of month, or paid on the first working day following the end of month.

As far as the recording of the payroll is concerned like @Neil_M has mentioned any Entitkements will need to be reviewd for Salary staff otherwise there should be no problem just make sure everything is setup correctly.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
stevet
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Great point.

Thanks Neil.

stevet
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Graeme.

Yes, I suppose it is easy to get caught up in the technical solution and forget about the staff. That will probably be my first job.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post