Correcting superannuation spend money transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
magnatlivestock
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Correcting superannuation spend money transaction

I've just set up the Pay Superannuation function and checked our superannuation liabilities for payment, and had a heart attack!  It reported that there was super paypable for staff that haven't worked for us in 6 years!  I know that the superannuation had been paid up since then, and we had a bookkeeping service provider doing all of our bookkeeping work at the time, so a ferreted through transactions.  Found a cluster of super payments made in 2015 that had been entered in MYOB as a spend money transaction from our primary bank account to each super fund, entered against the superannuation payable account.  I'm not sure how it's happened, but I need to sort it out!  Is there a way of entering a journal to sort this out without undoing 5 or so years of reconciliations?

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Correcting superannuation spend money transaction

Hi @magnatlivestock 

Assuming these payments are showing in the Pay Liabilities window when those dates are selected, you’d need to record the payment through Pay Liabilities in order to clear those payments. Once they have been cleared from that window, they will be removed from the report too.

This will impact your bank account, however you could record a journal entry that reverses the payment. This would offset the payment and impact on the other accounts.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post