Delete unprocessed super payment due to pay run reversal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rebekah5
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete unprocessed super payment due to pay run reversal

I reversed a pay run because it only had 10.5% super instead of 11% which applies from 1 July. I reprocessed the pay run with 11% but the Super Payment for the 10.5% is still showing up on the Super payments listing. There is also a second entry for a negative amount equal to the 10.5% super payment. Do I just process both of these since they net to zero? I don't want it to stuff up my bank account or my employee's super fund.

Can I process is it to another account instead of my bank account to get rid of the 2 entries?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

274Solutions

Re: Delete unprocessed super payment due to pay run reversal

Hi @Rebekah5 

Thank you so much for your post. Did you reverse a void payrun? Here's a help article that will help you fix this issue: Fixing incorrect super calculations. And also, you can't process this one to another account it needs to be fix.

Feel free to post again we're happy to help.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Rebekah5
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl

I reversed a pay run because it had the wrong superannuation amount in it. It wasn't "void" as such. We don't have our pay runs connected to our bank account, so it's just an MYOB entry (I have separate direct debits set up with our bank for the actual payments). I then ran a new pay run with the correct superannuation amount and processed the correct superannuation payment associated with it.

In the list of super payments, I am left with a super payment for $152 (from the incorrect pay run) and a also a negative super payment for $152 (from reversal of the incorrect pay run). How do I get rid of these 2 entries? If I process them with they offset each other without affecting our bank account or our employee's superannuation fund?

Thank you in advance!

Rebekah

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Rebekah5 

Thank you for your reply. 

In this matter, the recorded incorrect pay super (10.5%/$152) and the reversal (-10.5%/-$152) will sit there and at the moment there's no available option to remove this in the Pay super window. As long as the reversal status is completed this will not be an issue. If you will be processing this again to get rid of them, this will affect your employee's super fund. As you will be paying and processing super payment twice. 

For future reference I'll provide you this Help Article, Changing a recorded pay, that has detailed information regarding fixing the incorrect pay. Adjusting superannuation pay in the next employee's pay is the best option. 

Are we able to solve your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply to this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post