Duplicate Payroll Transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tiu
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Duplicate Payroll Transaction

Hi,

All employees were only paid once but recorded twice in Myob. 

I did reverse the payroll, however, when I checked one of the employees Year To Date figures the reversal wasn't reflected. Is there anything I need to do from my end?

Kind Regards,
Lovely
6 REPLIES 6
Tiu
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Delete or Reverse a pay?

Hi,

On the 26th of Feb 2020, I was completing pays when MYOB crashed. But the pays had been recorded.  

Thinking that it wasn't recorded, I went back and did it again, saved the aba file and loaded it through the bank to pay employees. Employees were paid on time and everything went through no problems.

All employees were only paid once but recorded twice in Myob.   

A customer representative sent me a link on how to reverse it.

I did reverse the payroll, however, when I checked one of the employees Year To Date figures the reversal wasn't reflected. Is there anything I need to do from my end?

or is it meant to be deleted rather than reversing it

Kind Regards,

Lovely

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Duplicate Payroll Transaction

Hi @Tiu 

There are a few different possible causes, the YTD figures within the employee cards could be manually edited, the reversal may not be recorded correctly, the transactions reversed were not payroll transactions etc. 

I'd suggest first running the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports for the same period, do their figures match? If they don't, then the YTD figures within the employee cards were manually edited at some stage, which would no longer match the figures from payroll transactions. 

I'm also wondering on which screen were you seeing the duplication to begin with? Were the reversal recorded on the same date as the original pay? If you run the Payroll Advise report for the affected employees, does it show the negative pays (reversal) as well as 2 positive pays of the same amounts? 

I understand that our phone support team tried to call you back regarding this matter earlier today but unfortunately missed you. They will attempt to call you back again and assist further, it would be great if you'd have time to check the areas mentioned above before then.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tiu
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Clover,

Thank you so much for your reply.

The Payroll Activity Summary is higher than the Register.

I manually change 2/334 employees' pay to the correct YTD.

is there anything we can do about it?

Kind Regards,

Lovely

Tiu
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Delete or Reverse a pay?

Hello,

All sorted now.

I've deleted the reversal and the duplicate transaction.

Kind Regards,

Lovely

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Tiu 

I'm glad to hear you've successfully deleted the reversal and the duplicated transactions. 

I would still suggest running the payroll register and activities report again to see if they are matching now. The Payroll Activities reports pulls data from all payroll transactions, these reports should have the correct figures provided that all payroll transactions were entered correctly. Then, for any employees that have different figures showing on the Payroll Register reports, please drill into the employee card > Payroll Details > Pay History, manually correct the monthly or YTD figures so they match the Payroll Activity reports. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tiu
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User