Duplicated Super Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Fang0110
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Duplicated Super Payment

We have processed the January super for payment on 07 Feb 2022, it was deducted from our bank the next day. However, it was deducted again on 14 Feb 2022. How do we resolve this?

13 REPLIES 13
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Duplicated Super Payment

Hi @Fang0110 

We are aware of a situation that has impacted our customers that have made recent superannuation payments in which they have had the funds deducted multiple times.

Our team is currently investigating the situation and is looking into those double charges. We'll have more information once those investigations are complete.

Can you please send me the following information in a private message:

• serial number
  • business name
  • primary contact name
  • primary email address

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MikeRS
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This has occured with my super payment as well and has now caused significant cash flow issues for our business. How will we be communicated with to resolve this unforgivable issue.

Regards

Mike

Anf1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same thing here. Contacted MYOB on the 14th and they said they couldn't see it and to contact my bank. Contacted my bank and they said I'd need to contact Superchoice directly. The lady on the phone at Superchoice was helpful but I had to send an email and I don't think the response I got acknowledged the urgency of the situation. Pretty pisspoor in my opinion by MYOB not to have addressed this issue yet. I haven't even accepted the new direct debit authority with Super Choice yet so not sure how this happened. Has caused cash flow issues for us as well as over an hour spent of the phone and time stressing about how to get the money back.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @MikeRS , @Anf1 

Sorry to that you have been impacted by this. This is being investigated by our teams as a priority and emails will be sent to all affected users outlining the issue and the resolution.

We do apologise and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

manrex
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same thing for me. I've submitted the requested information. First transactions being duplicated and now super payments being deducted twice. What is going on with this product? It has become very unreliable.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @manrex 

We understand your concerns and do agree that this is not ideal. We are working to fix this as soon as possible and have also passed on your feedback to the relevant channels. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MikeRS
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thanks for the reply, do I need to proivide contact and transaction details to be recognised as an affected user.

Let me blunt, MYOB has processed and un-authorised transaction using a clearing house that I have not accepted terms and conditions for, this is a security incident with potentially significant financial implications for companies such as mine.

I expect contact ASAP and MYOBs proposal for rectification and re-imburesement for inconvenience and costs.

Regards

Michael

manrex
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @MikeRS, I had not realised that this was deducted out of a deferent clearing house. This is indeed a serious security incident. MYOB needs to advise how this occured and how it is going to be rectified. I would hope that there is a Security Officer within MYOB, that you have processes and procedures in place, that all disclosures required by law have been carried out.

The fact that we are asked to provide details implies that MYOB does not have a handle on this issue, which is even more worrying.

It's one thing to have duplicate transaction listed in my account (which is bad enough) and another entirely for these transactions to actually have occured twice.

Please pass this up to upper management.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @MikeRS 

We understand your concerns and I have passed your feedback onto the relevant teams. Emails will be sent to all impacted users with information on the issue and resolution. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post