Employer Default Superannuation Fund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Employer Default Superannuation Fund

Now that Sunsuper has become Australian Retirement Trust, my query is in regards to the Employer Default Superannuation Fund. Our current default super fund is Sunsuper, is this just a matter of changing the selection to now be Australian Retirement Trust (USI 60 905 115 063 003)? And to do this, I just go to Setup > General Payroll Information and select Australian Retirement Trust Super Savings?

8 REPLIES 8
BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employer Default Superannuation Fund

Further to the below, when I tried to update the Default Superannuation Fun from Sunsuper to Australian Retirement Trust under the General Payroll Information section, when I clicked OK it gives me the Error where the Withholding Payer Number is saying "Your Withholding Payer Number must be in the format 00 XXX XXX XXX". The number we currently have in there is only XXX XXX XX digits. I have taken over this role from the previous financial controller and this is what she had in there. How do I find what our Withholding Payer Number is if it has been changed? I cannot proceed with updating the default superannuation fund without puting the required withholding payer number in.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @BJ_Werder

Thanks for your post and sorry to see that no one has replied to yet. Are you still having issues with this ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

Yes, still having a problem with this.

Thanks,

Belinda

BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa, still having issues, do you know anything about this one?

Many thanks

Belinda

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @BJ_Werder

Can you please try entering the first 2 digits as '00' for example '00 xxx xxx' instead of the number you have entered xxx xxx xx in the withholding payer number field. Does this work ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried putting the first two digits as 00 but it is still coming up with the same error "Your Withholding Payer Number must be in the format 00 XXX XXX XXX". As mentioned our original number was only XXX XXX XX so it seems it is still missing a number even when adding the 00 at the start. We have never had an issue with this number in the past, we have had it for a very long time.

Regards, Belinda

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @BJ_Werder

To troubleshoot can you please create a new Super fund card for the superannuation fund and name it slightly different so it can be saved, does it work or you get the same message as before ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

I have tried what you've suggested however I still have the same message. I am guessing that as we have had that Withholding Payer Number for many many years, perhaps they have changed the format since then and it just won't work in the format that we currently have it entered as (XXX XXX XX). I'm guessing I will have to give the ATO a call. I appreciate your help in trying to resolve this, thank you.

Kind regards

Belinda

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post