Is Employee ID field/number new??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

179Posts

88Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Is Employee ID field/number new??

Hi,

This may be a silly question, but today is the first day I noticed the greyed out 'Employee ID' field (not the 'Card ID' field) in employee's records.  I haven't updated to 2019.4 as I'm very wary of encountering further issues at this stage.  

Is this new or have I not been noticing it for some time?  The numbers are strange too, up in the hundreds and we don't have anywhere near that many employees and they're not consecutive.  Just wondering what it's purpose is?  Something to do with STP maybe??

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Is Employee ID field/number new??

Hi @SharonSL 

The Employee ID is a field that was added with Payroll Reporting (STP). It basically acts as a unique record for the employee within the company file when that payroll information is sent across to the ATO. It's an uneditable field on the card, as messing with it can cause problems with Payroll Reporting. In theory, it is a consecutive series of numbers, but I have seen it be all over the place in some company files, you don't need to panic if it's not consecutive. Basically it will do its own thing and will have a unique record for each employee card.

Note: Card ID is a different field.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

179Posts

88Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks Steven.  All good. 

Has it really been there since July when I started with STP and I haven't noticed it???  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SharonSL 

As soon as you enable Payroll Reporting in a company file the employee ID field becomes shown. If not enabled, then it will not appear for that employee's card. So, it possibly could have been listed on the employee's card since July if you enabled Payroll reporting in July.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

179Posts

88Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks Steven.  I don't open employee files very often but had to enter a new employee today so that's probably why I didn't notice it before. Smiley Wink

Thanks!

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @SharonSL 

By way of explanation, when a new card is added to a MYOB company file (whether Employee Supplier or Customer, MYOB allocates a unique RecordID being the next consecutive card number. MYOB uses this number in the database to identify the Card, it does not use the Name or Card ID, always the Record ID. Every MYOB file since 1990 has used this approach. 

When STP was introduced, a unique Payroll or Employee ID was required for each employee. MYOB decided to use the existing Record ID as this is always a unique number.  They decided to display this EmployeeID as it is used for STP.

So while the numbering won't be consecutive if you look just at employees, if you export all Cards you will see the Record IDs are consecutive (once you combine all cards and sort). 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post