Pay Superannuation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MelissaKelly
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia

6Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Superannuation

Hi,

I have discovered 4x employees missing from Pay Superannuation although their super has deffinately not been paid.  I have checked my dates etc are correct.  I have also done a full reconcilation of the account since the beginning.

A while ago some Super payments were generated but were not authorised and then deleted, quite some time later.

I am concerned that when they were deleted, something in the background of MYOB did not 'untick' them as being paid.  Is this possible?

Is there another reason they are not showing up in Pay Super?

Thanks

Melissa  

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay Superannuation

Hi @MelissaKelly 

If the super payments were ticked and recorded as Pay Superannuation transactions, regardless of the payment being authorized or not, the Pay Super transactions cannot be deleted, they can only be reversed. So if you are unable to locate the amounts under Manage Payments, then they were not recorded as Pay Superannuation transactions. 

Superannuation payments can also be recorded via Pay Liabilities instead, it will update the liability account balances and consider the super being paid. You can run the Superannuation Payments by Employee report to look for Pay Liabilities transactions, the 'Payment Type' column will mark them as 'PL'.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MelissaKelly
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia

6Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Clover,

Sorry I was just going through your response and still have some problems.  This is really odd. 

When I go into Manage Superannuation Payments, the super payments have definately not been made.  

If this is the case the payments should be available in Pay Superannuation - but they are definately not comin up.

I have checked and there is a transaction journal for each Wage event, so the wages were definately entered correctly.

When I go into Pay Liabilities, they do come up as Liable.  

I know I can mannually enter the Superannuation however as we pay Superannuation via Superpay how would I generate an actual payment?

thank you in advance for your assistance

Melissa

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @MelissaKelly 

Thanks for the additional information. If they are appearing to be processed when you go into Pay Liabilities, then yes these payments are yet to be recorded. 

Since you can locate them under Pay Liabilities but not under Pay Superannuation, I'd suggest checking the following:

- Lists > Superannuation > drill into the applicable superannuation, make sure the 'Pay Directly From AccountRight' option is ticked.

- Double check the superannuation payroll category setup. The category needs to be set up under the 'Superannuation' tab, not 'Expenses'. 

Please feel free to check out this Help article, which contains more details - Check Super fund and employee details. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MelissaKelly
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia

6Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hallelujah!  Thank you so much for your assistance, this has fixed the problem.

regards,
Melissa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post