Payroll period from 25th June to 1st July 2021 should counted for which financial year?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Zoya
Experienced Cover User
69 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

69Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll period from 25th June to 1st July 2021 should counted for which financial year?

Hi,

I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2021.3.0

I am processing payroll for the period: 25th June to 1st July 2021 today, I thought, this pay should be counted for 2021-2022 financial year, but when I check the super, still was 9.5%.   not sure if this is correct?  

could anyone help ASAP.  I need to send payroll detail to employer so she can pay her employee today.

much appreciated

Zoya

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll period from 25th June to 1st July 2021 should counted for which financial year?

Hi @Zoya 

Generally speaking, it's the payment date that determines what payroll year the pays falls in and what applicable superannuation rate should be used. As such, if that payment date falls on or before 30/06/2021 then you should be used 9.5% otherwise for pays on or after 1/07/2021 it would be 10%. 

Do check out Super guarantee rate increase 1 July 2021 for more information on this topic and how to deal with that super rate change in your software.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Zoya
Experienced Cover User
69 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

69Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll period from 25th June to 1st July 2021 should counted for which financial year?

Hi Steven,

thank you for the replay, employers paroll period: from Friday to Thursday each week, therefore, this payroll fulls on 1st July 2021 (pay day is tomorrow 2nd July),  I thought super should be 10%, not sure why still showing 9.5%.

I am calling MYOB help desk, being waiting on phone for 30 minuts, still no one picking up, so frustrating.

much appreciated

Zoya

Zoya
Experienced Cover User
69 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

69Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Super rates needs to manually adjusted from 1st July 2021 until software upgrades completed

Hi Steven,

I just being told by MYOB help desk that we need to manually adjust super  rates from 9.5%to 10% from 1st July until they worked out the upgrades.

this is so annoying, at least, MYOB should send email to tell us this, I spent 2hrs this morning on phone and on line.

Zoya

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Super rates needs to manually adjusted from 1st July 2021 until software upgrades completed

Hi @Zoya 

Users would need to manually update their superannuation calculation rate percentages from 9.5% to 10%. This is intended software behaviour with this superannuation rate change. 

The following Help Article: Changing the superannuation guarantee rate, which was available on the previous post I have linked, would be able to assist with that process

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

Re: Super rates needs to manually adjusted from 1st July 2021 until software upgrades completed

Hi @Zoya 

MYOB did send out an email to advise people to do this and it is an easy process of changing it in the payroll category which then flows through to every employee at once.

I use another program for some clients on payroll and I had to tell the system to change it for all employees and then it had done it for one client, all employees.  Another client had all except one employee change and another had all but 3 change.

Instead of going through over 30 employees at the client I decided to run a payrun and see which hadnt worked correctly to know who I had to amend.  It was a bit quicker than looking at them one by one.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post