Reinstating an employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Melkris
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reinstating an employee

This employee is being reinstated but not in the same financial year. His card is complete and correct so do I just run payroll or does he need to self-on board for the ATO?

10 REPLIES 10
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reinstating an employee

Hi @Melkris 

Thank you for your post.

Self - onboarding is for new employee, it's eliminates paper work and reduces your data entry to simplifies your workflow. And since this employee is being reinstated you can start processing a payroll.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Melkris
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Princess,

Thanks for your response.  I did decide to go ahead and pay the employee and the ATO accepted the payment with errors.  It seems I have to have a code as follows.......Cessation Reason Code must be provided
(ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000377 and Cessation date cannot be before the Commencement Date ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000282

I took out the original cessation date  on the card file and changed the start date to the new one before running the pay.

Will he need to self-onboard again to let them know that his details have not changed since he last worked for us?

Many thanks

Melkris
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I solved the problem yesterday.  I had missed ticking the Terminated Employee box to reinstate my employee in the reporting centre.  I have now received an Accepted notice.  Possibly need to have that small but significant step put into the MYOB help on Reinstating an Employee.  It's so easy to miss.

Many thanks,

@Melkris

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

486Solutions

Hi @Melkris 

Thank you for letting me know. It's great to hear that you had this resolved. If you need assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out and post again. We are more than happy to help.

Cheers, 

Princess

Kerry10
Trusted Cover User
292 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

292Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

We have an employee who worked for us for a few months earlier this year, and didn't want to claim the tax-free threshold at that stage.  She left in March and we terminated her with ATO through STP.  She is commencing employment with us again next week, but this time wants to claim the tax-free threshold with us.  Can I simply change it in her Card File in MYOB, and will the ATO be notified through STP?  

Melkris
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Kerry10,

I believe that changing it in her card file would be all that is required.  Make sure you log into the Payroll Reporting Centre and take her off the terminated employee list.  This will let the ATO know that she is an active employee again before running your next payroll event.

Hope this is helpful,

Melkris

Kerry10
Trusted Cover User
292 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

292Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

Would I have to go into Payroll Reporting Centre, if she is being reinstated in this new financial year?

Melkris
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kerry10,

Yes, I would go into the payroll reporting centre and check the Employee Terminations tab and un tick the relevant employee.  This should be all you need to do after adjusting the Card File with the Tax Free Threshhold chosen.  Remove the Termination Date and enter the new start date for the employee.

Cheers,

Melkris

DawnB
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can i ask where the reinstate terminated employee button is

I am having the same issue