Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

User roles

Hi, I have set up a new User for Payroll. She is able to log on to the web version and process pays but create Electronic Bank File option has "You don't have permission to access this page" error message. Can someone please help with the roles I need to give her for this access.

5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,198 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,198Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Re: User roles

Hi @BronH1,

Thank you for your post.

To grant access for creating electronic bank files, you'll need to adjust the user's roles. Typically, access to this feature is controlled by permissions related to banking. I'd suggest checking the user's role settings and ensuring they have the necessary permissions enabled for creating electronic bank files. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Set up roles.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

BronH1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Just to clarify - for this User I have assigned Payroll; on the Manage Roles tab Payroll has all the boxes ticked, including Prepare Electronic Payments?? I have just spoken on the phone to Customer Support who told me to assign her as Administrator role but won't that give her access to the whole company file?? Very frustrating !!

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,917 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,917Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @BronH1,

Thank you for providing further clarification of your concern.

I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with user access. It's advisable to assign only one role to a user in the Manage Users tab. Having multiple roles checked could potentially restrict access to other areas of the system.

Furthermore, if you haven't already done so, it's recommended to ensure that "Prepare Electronic Payment" is marked in the banking tab.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks
Genreve

BronH1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve, yes this User has only been assigned the one role being Payroll in the Manage Users tab. 

In the Manage Roles tab Payroll has a tick beside it and when selected all boxes are ticked. Banking does not have a tick but when selected three windows are ticked including Prepare Electronics Payments. Please see below screenshot. Is there something else I have missed?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 114222.png
Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

67Kudos

125Solutions

Hi @BronH1,

Thank you for your response. Since all the boxes have been ticked and it's still not working, go to Manage Roles tab again and right click on the Administrator tab, then click Duplicate Role. You can customize the access there and assign it to the user. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Please feel free to post again.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post