Client Details

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Scottik1962
Experienced Cover User
83 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

83Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Client Details

I have a client whose Business name has changed, I changed the name in the Company File details, yet most times when I strike up an invoice for them, for some reason the old name keeps popping back up. I have to manually click through the Adress 1, Address 2, Address3 and back to Adress1 before the name seems to correct itself.

There is no mention of the old name in the File Contact Details so why does this continue to happen? Have I missed something along the way?

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Client Details

Hello @Scottik1962 

Generally speaking, you can change the name in the Company Information window as you have done. Then, depending on whether your company file is stored online or locally, there are some additional steps to complete. Please see this support note on Renaming an AccountRight company file. and follow the instructions for either amending this information based on whether or not the file is online. Please do let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Scottik1962
Experienced Cover User
83 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

83Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily,

I may have not explained properly, it is not my own company name I have changed, but one of customers on my file.

Have attached 2 screenshopt, the first is showing the old original name, the second is showing the name it should be which is what I have changed in their contact details.

I have to flick between the SHIP TO options to get back to the correct name. I want John Adams to not show anymore but his name still keeps showing up

error1.png
error2.png
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Scottik1962 

No worries, my mistake. In this case, I would be going into the Customer Card and clicking through each address. Is the new name applied to each address you have in the card? Generally if you have more than one contact at a business, you would use the multiple addresses to enter their details as a different location. I am wondering if the company name was changed against all addresses in the card, or just one. This would account for why you need to click through the addresses for the correctly updated name to populate. 

Please have a look at these support notes on Updating customer cards and Adding a customer for more information on this topic.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post