45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Closed Sale Invoice Showing as Open Invoice on Desktop Version

We had an order that was 100% prepaid and was converted to invoice upon shipment of the goods which should have just closed the invoice and moved it to "Closed Invoices" however the invoice is showing up under the "Open Invoices even though the invoice is clearly closed. 

Intrestingly enough this invoice does "NOT" appear under open invoices tab on the browser version of MYOB but in the desktop application version accessing the online file it is showing as an open invoice?? There is no way to change this either. 

There is no way to delete the invoice and re-enter and there is no way to delete the payment and re-enter either. 

Attached are pictures showing the invoice as entered which shows as "balance due is zero".

Also attached are pictures showing the difference between what is reported on the browser version and app version!! 

MYOB Snapshot 2.png
MYOB Snapshot 1.png
MYOB Snapshot 3.png
MYOB Snapshot 4.png
7 REPLIES 7
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,543 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,543Posts

48Kudos

163Solutions

Re: Closed Sale Invoice Showing as Open Invoice on Desktop Version

Hi @ozeami,

Thanks for your post and for providing the screenshot of invoices showing as a reference. It might be a syncing issue between the browser version and the desktop application version of MYOB, where an invoice that should be closed is still showing as open in the desktop application. Rest assured that the browser version is always showing the correct data for the account.

It's important to ensure that all the details are entered correctly and that the software is up-to-date. I strongly recommend clearing your AccountRight cache and your browser. This proactive step can effectively address issues related to performance, display, or data accuracy. By clearing the cache, you refresh the system, potentially improving speed and responsiveness. Clearing the AccountRight Cache

If the issue still persists, you may need to visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. Use MOCA for immediate queries and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Shella_A   This is not a cache issue.  Other users on different computers also see the same issue so this is not an issue that is going to be resolved by clearing the Cache on a single computer. There is some sort of data corruption occuring on the server side. 

Additionally note that we exclusively use the desktop version of the software within our organisation so the data that is shown on the browser version is just so that we can demostrate the issue to you. 

No-one in our organisation uses the browser version of the software as we deal with multi-currencies and this invoice is also in USD. 

Awaiting a resolution from your side. 

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Shella_A  Also it should be noted that we can reproduce the problem as well. 

If an order is entered in USD and a payment is applied to the order as a prepayment for the full amount, then when the order is converted to an invoice, the prepayment is not being registered as a payment against the invoice if the invoice is only for a partial quantity and there are backorders on the invoice. 

i.e. If an order is for 100pcs @ USD$100 = $10,000 deposit, then when the order is converted to an invoice but only 90pcs are shipped @USD$100 then the invoice shows a negative balance due but this balance is not coming up under credits and the full invoice is also showing as being open even though it actually has a "negative" balance owing.  This is a new issue as we have converted many orders partially in the past and this has never occured. 

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,543 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,543Posts

48Kudos

163Solutions

Hi @ozeami,

Thanks for the update. If the clearing of the AccountRight cache and cookies hasn't resolved the issue, given the complexity of this, I highly recommend reaching out to our help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant, for immediate action. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team. They have the tools and access to more specific resources to investigate this issue further.

Please provide them with all the details you've shared here, including the fact that the invoice shows as closed in the browser version but open in the desktop application. The screenshots you've attached will also be very helpful for them to understand the issue.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,867 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,867Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @ozeami , I'm following this thread with interest. 

My reading of the original issue, and the 2nd example you've quoted as reproducing the problem, is that, although both invoices are incorrectly displayed as open, there are differences, as the original invoice was 100% delivered and paid, and should therefore have shown as closed , whereas the 2nd example is of an invoice for a partial delivery with payment in full, which should be shown as a credit. Have I got that right?

Do you happen to know the last version in which these types of transactions were correctly processed?

(As we all know, the browser does not support multiple currencies atm; I know you only included a browser screenshot for comparison). 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James 

I posted the alternative example to show that the issue presists whether the invoice is closed or in credit. And even though the invoice is in credit it does not show in the credit category and only shows up in the open category. 

Having partial shipment of invoices which are fully paid as orders with prepayments is quite a normal and frequent occurance within our operations. I can't tell you when was the last time we had this instance occuring without problems however this is the first revision of the software that we have had this problem with. 

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James  Just to clarify further, the first instance was also a partial shipment instance with backorders but later to try and resolve the issue we changed the ship qty to full but the invoice would still not close. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post