Email invoice received displays different to how it looks in AR

JRAdmin
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Email invoice received displays different to how it looks in AR

I am having trouble with invoices that look perfectly fine in customised forms however when emailed through AR it looks different.  I have copied myself in and can see what the clients see's in the pdf attached is not the way it should be.  As an example I sent an invoice on 17.10.2023 via Outlook and it actually displayed correctly although if I chose to click the VIEW INVOICE button instead of the PDF the view invoice has cut of sections.  Yesterday I added to the same invoice and resent it directly from MYOB not Outlook and a lot is missing in the PDF.  See the two different invoices attached.

I haved named the first one Perfect Invoice sent directly from Outlook 17.10.2023 - you will see on this one, even though I have blanked out any personal information, but at the top right the email address was on the same line as Email: and it didn't wrap and cut off and at the bottom section in red it says TOTAL AMOUNT OUTSTANDING etc which is perfect.

On the incorrect 2nd one which was emailed directly from MYOB the Email: is on one line and the email address wraps to second line and only the tops of the letters are showing and at the bottom in red the word OUTSTANDING IS MISSING.

I cannot understand why the difference when the template looks perfect on screen in preview.

And again when you click the green view invoice it has the missing bits and is the same if from AR I click view online invoice.

I am using AR+ 2023.9.0 desktop version

Perfect Invoice sent directly from Outlook 17.10.2023.png
Invoice sent directly from MYOB 30.10.2023.png
3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Email invoice received displays different to how it looks in AR

Hi @JRAdmin

Thanks for your detailed post, and I appreciate your understanding regarding the delayed response. When you print or email from within the Sales window, the custom form used is sourced from the customer card's Selling Details tab under the "Printed Form" field. However, in the Print/Email Invoices window, the default form is set within the Advanced filters.

If you're printing while recording the sale and later planning to email it using Print/Email Invoices, ensure that the same form has been selected in both places: within the customer card's settings and under Print/Email Invoices within the Advanced Filters section. This alignment ensures consistency in the chosen form for both printing and emailing purposes. 

Please do let us know if you need further help and one of us will be happy to assist you!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JRAdmin
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl

Thanks for your reply but it is the same form template in both examples attached.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @JRAdmin,

My apologies for the late response. What I suggest is selecting the right format to maintain the invoice form. This way, everything stays organized and easily accessible.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post