Initialisation error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CaterinaM
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Initialisation error

I am using MYOB AccountRight Plus v19.13 - the last time I accessed this was 16th March, 2023.  Today when I went to open a company file I was unable to and received the messaged "Initialisation Error".   There have been no changes to my laptop in the last month.  Any idea why I may be receiving this error and how can I fix it please?

4 REPLIES 4
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,389 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,389Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Initialisation error

Hi @CaterinaM 

Thank you so much for your post. I'd recommend visiting this help article, This will help you fix your issue : Initialization Error 

And also if you want to Upgrade to the new AccountRight here's how you can do it. : Upgrade to the new AccountRight

Feel free to send me a private message if you have questions.
Regards,
Earl. 

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

I am having this same issue with v19.10 since the MYOB AccountRight upgrade to 2023.3.0 came out two weeks ago. (Most of our files are 2023 and in the cloud but we have an old v19 that we keep on the server as  we use multi-currency in that one and no payroll).

And I don't seem to be able to update the old file to the cloud as I can't open it to upgrade it!

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,034 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,034Posts

917Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @PenJ 

There are a few different causes for the v19 Initialisation error - it is not related to the AR2023 upgrade. If the solution indicated by @Earl_HD does not solve it, there are a few other possible technical causes which usually require your IT person's involvement.

FYI you do not need to open the v19 file to upgrade to AR2023. Run AR2023 and select Upgrade from the Welcome screen, then follow the prompts to upgrade it online. A Multi currency file cannot be upgraded offline. If there are issues with the multi currency file that prevent it being upgraded online, send me a private message or email for contact details for someone who can resolve.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

HI Gavin,

thank you very much for your suggestions

I have reached out to our external IT people and will see how we go with that and if not resolved will attempt the upgrade and if no luck I will reach out.

regards,

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post