Inventory adjustment posted to wrong GL

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SimoneAlbiston
Partner
7 Posts
Partner
Australia

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory adjustment posted to wrong GL

Transfer Journal IJ00018.PNGJournal list with Coding.PNG

When doing an inventory adjsutment to move stock between locations, an error occured telling the value of the inventory for G00636 could not be less than zero.  Somehow it recorded but put the inventory adjustment to Cost of Goods. How do I fix this ? No matter what I try it tells me the value of my inventory may not be less than zero.

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Inventory adjustment posted to wrong GL

Hi @SimoneAlbiston 

The error itself simply means the transactions you are trying to record will reduce the item value by a figure higher than its current value (item card > profile > current value), as item values cannot be negative the error will prevent the transaction from being recorded. Looking at the first screenshot, the first line shows item G00636 location ENK had a 1451 quantity taken out but no Amount (item value) was reduced, this would be why the transaction was able to be recorded. 

If you are merely moving stock between locations without value gain/loss, I'd suggest recording a Move Items transaction instead, please find the instructions in this Help article: Move items between locations. Are you able to delete the inventory adjustment now and record it as Move Items?

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post