Invoices & Payments being entered twice when recording invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
fratelliEng
4 Posts
User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Invoices & Payments being entered twice when recording invoice

When inputting a new Sale, quite frequently it will either save the transaction twice, using sequenced invoice numbers or, if there's a payment amount entered, it will record 2 payments for the sale amount, leaving that invoice in credit.

When the sale is for an item that has only 1 unit on hand, it will pop up an alert saying that there is not enough stock, but if you cancel the invoice, which it will then prompt you that you haven't recorded it,  you can see the invoice saved already.

This has been going on for a few weeks and is becoming increasingly frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Invoices & Payments being entered twice when recording invoice

Hi @fratelliEng 

Thanks for your post. I am not aware of any issues that would cause the software to record duplicate invoices. To investigate what is causing this, could you upload the Journal Security report in the Accounts tab>>Security and Audit. Filter the Session dates as to the day it happened and the Transaction dates as the date of the sales you were entering. Can you also send me screenshots of the actual Enter Sale transactions and Find Transactions window?

Something else to check is if the transactions are recurring transactions that are being recorded automatically. If it's not recurring transactions I will need those screenshots in order to investigate this further.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

fratelliEng
4 Posts
User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

I've attached the relevant section of the Journal Security Report.

This was a sale I entered today, which prompted the "Backorder List" pop-up as there was not enough stock to sell for the duplicated sale.

Also attached is a screenshot of the sale that was saved in the background, as well as the sales window that was left open after closing the "Backorder List" pop-up. Saved and un-saved are distinguishable by the ability to edit the "Customer" field.

These transactions are not recurring.

Journal Security Report.png
Saved Invoice.png
Un-Saved Invoice.png
Find Transactions.png
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @fratelliEng 

Thanks for your screenshots. Could you clarify where you see the double recorded invoice? I can only see invoice 34883 in your screenshots.

Could you clear the AccountRight cache and see if this still occurs?

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

fratelliEng
4 Posts
User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

The invoice wasn't actually doubled up in this instance.

It was going to be doubled up, but because there wasn't enough items on hand for one of the items, it came up with the backorder notification and didn't record it.

In the instances where there is available stock, it will record 2 with the same invoice number.

This also happens with payments that you enter in the Sales Window, where it will double-up on the payment and put the saved invoice in credit.

I will clear the cache and see how that goes.

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

130Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @Yanike_S 

There is an issue with 2022.5 and 2022.6 that does cause invoices to duplicate.

Have seen it 5-6 times but have not had the time to document the issue.

In my case, I think it was related to the same invoice being edited at the same time, resulting in a duplicate being created.  I was able to reproduce it once but am not sure of the exact steps. It's not every time and as I mentioned it's only been a few invoices out of the 100s and 100s we enter and it did involve the invoice being open for editing twice.

Fairly certain there was (is) an issue there.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post