MYOB sending a client a blank invoice with wrong customer details

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

MYOB sending a client a blank invoice with wrong customer details

Hi MYOB

This is a most concerning event that we as an iso 27001 service provider cannot reconcile.

It 1st happened wit ha very longterm client - they sent me 'hey look what crazy thing myob just sent a customer' and I had no answers.

But it happened to us today/friday - a very longterm customer go a blank invoice ( body was blank) - the $ total was of some value but the customer details had nothing to do with the customer we sent it to.

In actuality - the customer in the customer field has never been in our system - never even had an email from them - and is a construction firm in SA - yet the customer details were accurate for that unknown customer. 

A google search located them in SA and their address was what was in the customer field.

Yet we have NEVER EVER dealt with these people - ever entered details into myob.

What is happening MYOB - this is not acceptable.

Yes our file is stored in yourr cloud - and yes MYOB servers send our invoices - but that is now 2 events of stran ge occurence.

The Doc

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Re: MYOB sending a client a blank invoice with wrong customer details

Hi @The_Doc 

Unfortunately this has been reported far too many times - take a look at this long post as an example. There was a recent reply by a moderator last 3-4 weeks) which mentioned that the system was using meta data from the invoice rather than locating the invoice by key identifiers, and this is what causes these 'anomalies'. Couldn't find that post. As you can see, this issue has been around quite awhile - and is still occurring. (here it is)

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: MYOB sending a client a blank invoice with wrong customer details

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your reply - sounds like MYOB dodging this one.

I just received a private reply from MYOB which unfortunately suggests they have disappeared down a rabbit hole of just 'not being on the same wavelength as the rest of us' - and it basically said

"Oh we are sorry for the delay in getting back to you - but oh - please check your client and invoice information is correct but hey 

'we have such a fantastic phone call in team and you can ring them and they should be able to help you'

Do have your serial number, the original invoice and any other details ready.

Yeah right MYOB - after being a CC for 25 +  years phone support has never been my go to - and when forced to it left me mentally damaged at the quality of the person trying to help me - !!!

Waht is a real worry is that according to ALL the accolades I have collected in answering on this forum and being a CC for 25 years - 'GURU'I am called - that your system couldn't say

'Hey people this is a really experienced MYOB person who has demonstrated a huge knowledge in MYOB use and he has a big problem - we better get one of our more experienced help moderators to ring him directly'!!!!!

Nah - I got to ring your phone help and go through a help desk!!

NOT MYOB - 

The Doc ( real real peeved now at your 'taking me seriously')

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post