Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Old sales invoices appear in ledger

We found about 100 postings, all dated 2/4/2024 from year 2017 on our sales ledger. All of them had a zero balance as they have been dealt with back in 2017/18 FY. I am bewildered how these old sales Invoices can suddenly turn up in Myob. It is not even possible to get reports with such old data. Can somebody please enlighten me what could have happened? 

4 REPLIES 4
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,545 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,545Posts

49Kudos

164Solutions

Re: Old sales invoices appear in ledger

Hi @Gabriela123,

Thank you for your post. There could be several reasons for the sudden appearance of old sales invoices in your account. One possibility could be related to data migration or conversion from another accounting software to MYOB. However, if this doesn't happen, I recommend running the Journal Security Audit report for these transactions to double-check what happened. Alternatively, if you also have a backup file prior to that, you can check that as well.

If neither of these scenarios apply, you may need to visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. Use MOCA for immediate queries and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Gabriela123
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Shella,

thank you for the tips. I have not migrated anything or uploaded an older backup file. But I did check the Journal Security Audit report where I found out that the administrator (that would be me) has apparently added a large number of files (sales invoices from seven years ago which have been closed). I am puzzled as how that could be as I am certain that I did not upload anything at all. Has that ever happen to anyone else? 

Thanks for trying to help.

Gabriela

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,185Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @Gabriela123,

Thanks for your response.

I've tried to reset your file. Could you please log out and clear your AccountRight cache before logging in again? If the past invoices are still visible, we might be dealing with a more intricate issue that will require further examination and a screenshot for better understanding. I suggest you connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website or submit a support request through My Account.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Gabriela123
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Princess, I have followed your instructions but unfortunately the old invoices are still there. I have submitted a support request and are waiting on their reply. Thank you for trying to help. Gabriela

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post