Renaming intray email address

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DHURLEY
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Renaming intray email address

HI,

Is it possible to rename the intray email address to something more bespoke to the organisation, or at least something easier to use and remember?. Having bill@accountright.myob.com meant that when you started typing it into the recipient email address it would default to that address. With the longer, more complex address, that doesn't happen. I am trying to encourage other employees to use it for uploading direct to MYOB but they wont because of the complexity of the address.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Renaming intray email address

Hi @DHURLEY 

Each AccountRight business does have a unique email address for sending In tray documents. This can be seen via Purchases>>In Tray>>Email address. This particular address is an automatically generated email address based on MYOB records of the company file and likely doesn't make a lot of sense to the end-user. A user is not able to rename that email address to another record.

My advice would be to set up another internal email address and then have that email address auto-direct/forward any emails received into that email address to your In Tray email address. This way if you are needing to provide that email address to suppliers or employee's you can provide that internal email address. Also, if you are needing to update the In Tray email address for any reason, it is a simple process of updating that one email address of telling everyone to email to that new email address.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post