Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Best way to handle an employee expense claim where the approver no longer works in the company

An employee has created and submitted an expense claim then the admin just found out that the employee's expense claim approver has just left the company so she updated the employee's approver after the expense claim has been submitted for approval

The admin couldn't change the approval details nor she can approve or reject because of what is stated on the approval details. 

Note: The admin just logged in as the previous approver to reject the expense claim and the employee created/submitted a new one which has the correct approval details. 

Would there be a better way to handle the situation?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AceEnprise ,

Not providing an answer (I don't have good answers for Advanced at the top of my head, it's full of Exo instead).

But letting you know I've moved your post into the Advanced Business partner boards, since you have access to them.  

You're much more likely to get an answer here, where the other partners monitor, rather than in the Other Software board.

https://community.myob.com/t5/Advanced-Business-information/bd-p/AdvancedBusiness

Shane_Chen
    Trusted Partner

Hi I don't have any site with the proper setup but I would imagine putting the original claim on hold, then submitting it again, and the new approver should have been selected.

AceEnprise
      User

Hi Chen,

That was my initial approach however it's different for expense claims.

Once you've submitted the expense claim, The Action of Putting on Hold again gets greyed out. 

CarlBrooks
        Former Staff

Hi AceEnprise 

As Shane_Chen mentioned the expense claim when in the status of Pending Approval can either be;

1) Approved

2) Rejected

3) Put on Hold

These options become grey once the the status of the expense claim is set to Released.

I would recommend the client to document their approval workflows and as staff come and go within the business a bit of house keeping is in order to help remove queries like this being raised through to a partners support function, they call that customer ownership :-).

All the best,

Carl