Forum Discussion

AKMTony
Trusted Cover User
17 days ago

MYOB Business Pro lost bank feed

Earlier in 2024, the NAB Visa card was replaced with a new card & new number due to a scam.

The feed from the old remains in the Managed Bank Accounts and the status is Bank Feed Ready.

Up until very recently (last week), I could view the transactions of the new card on this existing feed. I had not thought of any requirements on changing the existing bank feed.

Now, only transactions prior to 18th of July 2024 are showing. 
The filters can be selected for the current quarter or current month or last month ensuring the coverage includes up to or beyond the present date without effect.

Should I delete the bank feed and initiate a new one with the new card?

If so, what happens with the stored data of the existing feed?

Should a new 2-xxxx credit card bank account be created or can the new feed simply continue onto the existing 2-xxxx account?

Or, is this only a bank feed problem between NAB & MYOB?

Many thanks, Tony.

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AKMTony,

I understand the concerns you have with the previous bank feed. I believe the best option is to create a new bank feed for the credit card as the previous one was already replaced and no longer gets new transactions. Doing this won't delete the previous bank feed transactions you have for that credit card. However, you will need to create a new 2- account to link to the new bank feed you are about to apply for. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

AKMTony
    Trusted Cover User

Genreve, thanks. The Bank appears to still be sending the new VISA card data on the old VISA Card Bank Feed.

What happened is that I had the ALL Transactions Tab selected yet I could not see  transactions from the past month. By clicking BOTH the uncategorised and then categorised tabs I could then view the transactions of both categories from the past month then selecting the ALL Transactions showed everything again. 

Note that I had initially had ALL Transactions selected as per usual. I suggest that this is a software bug. Tony

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi AKMTony,

Thank you for the update. It seems it could potentially be a bug. I recommend to continue using the app as usual. Once the issue reappears again, it's best to take screenshots so you can post the issue on the Ideas Exchange board. The more votes it has the higher priority it is for the development team to investigate. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
      Genreve