Forum Discussion

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago

Wrong Currency Showing on Backorders!! Issue not resolved for 4 years!

MYOB TEAM

This issue was first reported back in early 2020 and 4 years later, MYOB still have not resolved this problem!!?

We deal with many clients all of whom receive our goods and services invoiced in USD. On many occasions we have backorders and to have a backorder invoices show up like this with just random originating currency figures creates confusion, sense of non-professionalism and just a micky mouse kind of a setup!! This is not acceptable! This issue has been now on-going and known for over 4 years!!!

12 Replies

• Hi ozeami,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delay in my response.

I understand your frustration regarding the ongoing issue with the wrong currency showing on backorders. I've checked this matter with the relevant team, and it appears that this issue has been recognized and is being actively discussed within our teams. However, I regret to inform you that, as of now, there is no definitive solution or update available and it is still under investigation by our developers.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

ozeami
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess_R 

I am sorry but this response is just not acceptable. This is not a new issue that was just reported yesterday. This has been going on for 4 years!! And for 4 years we have been receiving the same response!! I believe 4 years of "investigation" by your developers is sufficient amount of time to this problem! If the developers can't figure out what they broke in a system that was working perfectly fine before this version of the software then I believe its time you get new developers... we'd like this matter to be escelated to higher management for review and someone to contact me directly from your higher management team. We have been a user of MYOB for 20+ years and over the past 4 years since moving to the online system, we have lost a functionality that was always working perfectly in previous 16 years!! I don't understand how MYOB management team does not see this as a problem, one which has been ongoing for 4 years and known for 4+ years!!

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi ozeami 

Sadly this issue joins a long list of issues reported up to 11 years ago. Issues MYOB is unwilling to commit developer resources to fixing. Some are very minor but annoying bugs which would literally take a developer 5 mins to fix. So it is not an issue of 'ability' to fix, it is 'willingness' to fix - something MYOB management lacks.

This specific issue is caused by poor coding and occurs in some 10-12 locations - which a developer friend has located - took about 2 hours without the source code. With source code MYOB developers should be able to find and fix in minutes. Rather than format this backorder field as they do for the field above, the developers formatted the fields with a hardcoded $ sign. 

Regards

Gavin