Forum Discussion

q_man_snowflake
Experienced User
8 days ago

GST Report figures not same has BAS/PAYG Activity Statement

I'm having a hard time accepting my figures on the GST Summary Accrual and Payroll Summary reports don't match up to the BAS/PAYG Activity Statement. Payroll Report matches STP and has been correct all year. As I haven't had this problem before, I'm unable to work out why?

GST Summary Sales Value is out by $2771

making GST collected out by $252

PAYG is out by $4627

GST on Purchases is out by $6072

making overall as an overpayment of $1193.

The period has been locked 31/3/24.

Last financial year, it took 4-5 days for the figures to filter through correctly and were updating daily, but this years figures seem to be fixed. I have signed in to our Business Portal to check if anything is outstanding and its showing zero owing.

Your soonest feedback much appreciated.

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi q_man_snowflake ,

Thanks for your detailed post.

To address this issue, ensure data accuracy in your software, particularly in the GST Summary and Payroll Summary reports. Compare discrepancies such as GST collected, PAYG, and GST on Purchases between MYOB's reports and your BAS/PAYG Activity Statement. Confirm all transactions for the locked period ending 31/3/24 are accurately recorded. Consulting with a tax advisor or accountant can provide additional insights for precise reconciliation.

Feel free to visit these help articles for more information:

Business Activity Statements
    Checking your BAS prior to lodgement

Regards,
    Earl

q_man_snowflake
      Experienced User

Thanks Earl

Yes, they were the reports I was checking against.

Will check with our accountant before lodging. 

It actually shows we should owe more that what our report says. At least it's not less.