Forum Discussion

JoanneMcG
Trusted Cover User
5 days ago

Old inventory report is not available anymore

Hello team

We recently changed over to using Locations in our records, and one unintended outcome is that when we run a Summary of our inventory we are getting the items grouped by locations, and totals under each line of product.  The old version of this report did not group, nor provide totals for each line of stock.

The old report just gave us all our items and values (things like supplier, quantity on hand etc we would remove from the report as it was not needed for our report purposes).

The new report requires much manipulation in Excel and is such a waste of time compared to what I could do quickly with the old report type.

Please reinstate the old report type as a reporting option, just a simple list of all inventory with its corresponding value (yes you can leave in the Supplier and Quantity on Hand columns etc), but please please please bring it back.

I await patiently for the good news....

cheers

5 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi JoanneMcG , you are using AccountRight desktop; the browser does not yet have locations, so the "Stock on Hand" inventory report in the browser gives you one line per item, can be customised to remove columns you don't need, saved as a custom report and easily exported to Excel. Maybe that will work for you?

Hopefully when locations are added to the browser, the report will still allow grouping by item.

JoanneMcG
      Trusted Cover User

Hi James

Thanks for your response but you are not actually answering my request to have the old type report made available again.

I do use AccountRight but not through the browser, I log into Myob through my desktop icon.

We recently started using Locations, and now the Summary Inventory report is completely different, showing subtotals for each item at each location.  I don't want this. 

I want a report that gives me all inventory in a list with a total at the end of the report (I don't want any totals in the report, only a total at the end). 

What I am describing is what the old report used to give me, and using Locations has removed that report from my system and the new style is causing me so much extra work in Excel.

Please look at Myob Summary Inventory report and compare how the report looks for those using locations and those not using locations - as a locations user I want the report that used to be available prior to using locations, this would be in addition to the new report type.

My request is simple:  Please make available that report again in Myob, which is a simple stock list with total value at end of report.

Thank you

cheers

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi JoanneMcG , that's a question that only MYOB can answer, but my guess is that it will never happen, as all efforts are going into the development of the browser program. So the browser report gives you what you need, plus it gives you experience in the browser program which may come in useful one day.

Kind regards

MIKE