Forum Discussion

rquad3
Contributing User
8 months ago
Solved

Inventory Available but cannot invoice

We purchased 1 x 20 litre drum of oil which we sell in 1L quantities as they are used in jobs.   Item was purchased as 1 item with 20 saleable units.  Inventory states we have 20 in stock.  I allocate 6 units to one job but cannot save it and get and error message stating i need to order 106 on backorder in order to save the invoice.  Item has 20 selling units and 20 buying units wtih 20 in inventory.  Why is this happening?

• Hi rquad3 , for these requirements I would set "Number of items per buying unit" at 20, and purchase 1 unit (drum), which gets converted to 20L of inventory. It looks like you have done that. 

Then I would set the "Number of items per selling unit" at 1, so that 1 (litre) sold should reduce stock by one litre. I think you have set it as 20, so selling 6 represents 120 inventory units.

Be careful with values other than 1 in these fields; the values cannot be changed if you already have transactions recorded.  

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi rquad3 , for these requirements I would set "Number of items per buying unit" at 20, and purchase 1 unit (drum), which gets converted to 20L of inventory. It looks like you have done that. 

Then I would set the "Number of items per selling unit" at 1, so that 1 (litre) sold should reduce stock by one litre. I think you have set it as 20, so selling 6 represents 120 inventory units.

Be careful with values other than 1 in these fields; the values cannot be changed if you already have transactions recorded.  

rquad3
      Contributing User

Thank you so much.  This solved this problem. I truely appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi rquad3

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum.

We are glad that you found this forum a valuable resource. We are thankful for your efforts in bringing your concern to us and we regret that you experienced difficulties when you were trying to allocate units to one job because of the error message. We are grateful that it is now fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the process. 

I would also like to thank Mike for his helpful advice, and we are glad that you resolved the issue. We value and appreciate your time in offering help here in the Community Forum. Thank you once again for your continued support and understanding during this time.

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth