Forum Discussion

AmandaCL
MYOB Moderator
2 months ago

Setting up additional two-factor authentication methods

Hey everyone!

We're introducing a new way to secure your accounts with additional two-factor authentication (2FA) methods.

This will prevent sign-in hassles and getting locked out if you can't get codes via your usual method.

We recommend setting this up now to ensure you have a backup method to login without needing to contact us.

You can set up:

- Authenticator app (recommended) on a mobile phone or tablet

- SMS sent to your mobile phone

- Email (if set up initially)

Instructions to set up an additional 2FA method:

1. Log into My Account (myaccount.myob.com).

2. Click your user name in the top-right corner and choose Account security.

3. Click the Add (>) button for the desired 2FA method.

4. Verify your identity with a 2FA code.

5. Follow the prompts to complete the setup.

Once set up, you'll be able to receive verification codes via different methods. If you need to remove or reset a 2FA method, you can do so from the same Account security menu.

For detailed steps, feel free to check out our Setting up additional two-factor authentication (2FA) methods help article.

Cheers, Amanda. 

10 Replies

TC1808
    Experienced User

Hi Amanda

how does this work if we have staff accessing from two different sites. Or if one staff member is away and someone else needs to login. Last thing we want is to have phone each other up to get an authentication code!

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey TC1808

If phone doesn't work for you, we have other 2FA methods that you can choose from listed on this page here. 

Cheers, Amanda. 

DuncanS
    Ultimate Partner

AmandaCL 

Amanda,

I recall MYOB introduced 2FA some years ago.

There was various discussions with MYOB and I was told MYOB used MFA and AI to recognise the computer used. 

What has changed in the past month?

My email confirmations stopped working some time ago.

My Partner Manager informs me that she cannot help with Technical Support.

Is that correct?

Duncan

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey Duncan!

Our 2FA is linked to your login so upon logging in with a particular email address, your 2FA method will come up next based on how you've set it up previously. 

Recently, we introduced additional methods to set up your 2FA. More information can be found on this page: https://www.myob.com/au/support/login-and-2fa/setting-up-additional-two-factor-authentication-2fa-methods

If your email confirmations have recently stopped working, I'd recommend double checking your computer time settings have been set to automatic, sometimes if it's been manually set and is off by a few seconds/minutes it can impact those codes coming through.

Cheers, Amanda. 

• How will I go if I log back into my.MYOB and change the email address back?

My accountant doesn't have enough access and I am the administrator.

I have rung the 1300 number several times today however it states the "number is currently unavailable"

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey ElisaSmith

You can log back into my.MYOB and change your email address back to the original one. Once you've done that you'll want to sign in on app.myob.com with the original email address and open your file then add the new email address as a new user. This should update your login going forwards to be able to use the new email address.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Cheers, Amanda. 

ElisaSmith
        User

Thanks Amanda,

I ended up getting the correct number, and spent an hour on the phone - sadly had to pay for him a fee, however I am back into my file. Thanks for your help.

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey ElisaSmith

If you've updated your email address recently I would suggest getting a File Administrator to double check that it has been updated within the file as well.

They'll be able to do this by selecting Setup > User Access and clicking on your User ID. You'll want to make sure your new email address is listed and that "This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account" is ticked. More detailed instructions can be found here.

Cheers, Amanda.

• How does the User ID work? I have updated my email address and now I am unable to access my file, I have tried to use a blank password but no avail I am travelling on the road is making my life very difficult :(