Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
11 years ago
Done

Bank Feeds: Ability to match one bank transaction to multiple myob transactions

I'm sure this would have been suggested before And I can't find it.

Two+eftpos payments received in one day.

Unable to match two to one?

Am I missing something?

If so please enlighten me.

Thanks

82 Comments

• Hi,

We would love to see that the bank feeds be able to split payments between different creditors. At the moment, we have been told that the only way a bulk payment can be split between different creditors is to hide the transaction from the bank feed and then manually apply the payments and manually reconcile the bank. This seems to contradict the point of bank feeds. I am sure we are not the only ones who would need a payment to be split.

This would be great if someone could look at implementing asap.

gAry
      Cover User

I agree-we need to be able to split the payments.

I accept the reason for the bank feeds matching MYOB data & agree it is a great concept.

However all we are asking for is the opportunity for the programme to match what is actually happening in our business.

DebraAnderson
      Experienced Partner

I agree - we need this for customer receipts as well - it's a biggie :)

ATI
      Contributing User

Yeah, I struggle to get a bank feed transaction that is a payment across multiple invoice to get picked up.  In fact I can't get to to recognise it.  So I end up with an invoice overdue, even though the customer isn't actually overdue, as the payment has had to contributed to a later invoice.

Geoff_Colwill
    Experienced Partner

Thanks Barry 

I'm aware of that alternative. 

My suggested change avoids passing it though another process and makes bank feeds more user friendly from my perspective.

GDK
    Super Partner

I agree with both comments. Bank feeds reduce amount of the time to enter transactions so this change would make bank feeds more flexible

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the feedback on the Bank Feeds, Geoff. It would be great to get some feedback on this suggestion with votes and comments from other users too.
    jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

I agree - I think it has been posted as a problem - but not as an idea. I agree - we need the ability back to match multiple transactions to 1 transaction - Live accounts does this - why not Live? You are now forced to use undeposited funds - might seem easy in computer terms - but not practible in all cases.