Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
11 years ago
Done

Bank Feeds: Ability to match one bank transaction to multiple myob transactions

I'm sure this would have been suggested before And I can't find it.

Two+eftpos payments received in one day.

Unable to match two to one?

Am I missing something?

If so please enlighten me.

Thanks

82 Comments

• I am quite surprised too that this request has been around since 2013 and nothing has been done for it. Our business uses three different categories and when one transaction needs to be split into two categories I can no longer match the transaction in bank feeds.

Dazl
    Cover User

We use MYOB and bank feeds. We receive weekly payments from customers by direct debit. The direct debit information appears on our bank statement as a single entry but it consists of a very large number of transactions from different customers. Therefore the individual receipts from each customer do not get picked up through the bank feeds so cannot currently be set up to record to customer accounts automatically. It would be too laborious to enter each direct debit individually and would also result in too many individual transactions on our bank statement so we don't really want to change the way they are processed. Currently the bank feed automatically allocates the total to undeposited funds and then there is the very laborious task of recording each individual receipt through undeposited funds. Surely there must be a way of uploading information from the bank so that the allocation to customers can be automated somehow? I have asked both the bank and MYOB but to no avail and as the volume increases I am getting more desperate.

• 100% need to be able to match multiple invoices to one payment....almost all of our customers pay for their branch purchases in one head office remittance...it makes a complete mess of everything / wastes a lot of time having to follow current inept procedures.

• so this was suggested in 2013 - now in 2021 - why is this not available?  having upgraded from an old version - bank feed speeds things up.  why not kick it up to the next level.  being able to Find the 3 x eftpos transactions to match the bank feed grouped amount deposited would be soooooo quick.  instead you want us to key it as a bank deposit then go to that screen and force it to go as a lump sum to the bank account - longer keying/processing time.  I thought the point of elec bank feed was to speed up the process?  I then have to go and essentially perform a manual bank rec as i have some transactions matched and others not matched.  so your still performing the same process, it's just that some of the transactions are ticked.  if we could match them on the bank feed, we wouldn't have to check off transactions to see whats missing.  it would reconcile. Bingo! double time save!

• Myob it is extremely disspointing that you ask for feedback, put your prices up continually and don't listen to your users.  8 years for this is far too long.  It is not the first long standing issue I have noticed in the 3 months I have gone online with you.   As well as hiding multiple transactions on a bank feed which has also been a very long time reported and unactioned.    Stop giving us functionality we don't need (your price increase justification) and start giving us what we the community are asking for in improvements!  Will be looking to my eccommerce product to host my inventory and then I only need basic payroll & bookkeeping beyond that.  Meaning I may not need MYOB moving forward.  You have made me want to investigate a better solution.