trimbojd
Experienced User
12 years ago
Open

Forms: Remove leading zeros from Invoice No, Purchase No.. fields

I want to supress the leading zeros so my invoice numbers are significantly shorter - but another thread on this site revealed that they cannot be deleted - why not???

My suppliers and customers punch the entire number into their systems and they do not fit their field and create confusing references on their documentation....help!

Regards

Joe Trimboli

"Leading Zeros in Invoice and Purchase Order and any other form generating application"

25 Comments

dOrepast
    Contributing Partner

trimbojd Did you ever have any feedback or response from MYOB about this? Interested to hear if there has been a solution, as we are having the same issue. 

dOrepast
    Contributing Partner

Yes, this is something we would like to see implemented also...

This is a request to have a change in the next update for MYOB. Can you please implement an option to have no 'zeros' showing in the automated invoice numbers.

Whenever we enter sales, the invoice number is always preceded by zeros to make up an 8 digit number; however, we want the invoice to have no zeros BEFORE the number. For example, the automated invoice is generated as 00025190 but we need it to be just 25190. 

Thank you

• Hi, i agree to delete the leading zeros primarily there is no meaning into it.  Secondly, it creates inconsistency once i create my own number with a non-numeric suffix.

• I understand this is a very old post but has anything happened regarding this issue as yet? 

beatsonic
    Contributing Cover User

MYOB: Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider changing....

10 years later still nothing