Happy_Gecko
Contributing Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Sales/Purchases: Ability to move/re-arrange/delete the columns in the Enter Sales/Purchases windows

It would save me a considerable amount of time if I could customise the sales input window - or at least hide the fields I never use, so I don't have to tab through them all (or constantly reach for the mouse).

For example, ours is a service business and we never use 'backorder', 'discount' or 'job' fields (although we do use items extensively - thus the reason for using that layout). 

I've found in recent versions, input has become more laborious.  I'm pretty used to clicking around the screen but find keyboard navigation a lot quicker when I have a large amount of inputting to do. 

Hiding the unnecessary fields would increase my efficiency. 

Other people may have similar examples with other input screens.

"Customising Data Entry Screens'"

20 Comments

• I would love this feature yo be available. Our business doesn't use the backorder or discount columns so it would be great to disable them.

• When entering sales, new item and using an Item Invoice it would be great to be able to remove columns that are not needed. I don't ever use Backorder so I would like the ability to remove this from my entry page. Thanks.

Rileys
    Experienced Cover User

It would be handy to have the ability to change the order of lines on an invoice instead of having to delete the line and re-enter it where you want it to go.  mayne a "move up' and 'move down' option where the delete line and insert options are (right click and/or edit tab).

• Would love to be able to customise the form when entering new sales. Currently many useless columns and though you can leave them blank, it would be much easier to delete them (or hide them) completely. 

Sinclair
    Experienced Cover User

I have been searching the forums for this, disappointed to see it is now 2019 and still not available.

• Hello.  has anyone found this able to be done.  One of my clients would love to not see the back order button as he never uses it.

Thank you