Partner Zone

Bank Rec

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
rbailey
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Rec

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. 

I am wanting to complete my MAY Bank Rec, however I have a credit received that the payor can not tell me what it is for.  She seems to believe they have paid us in error.  I need to allocate it somewhere but my concern is once I complete the rec and they come back to me with what the payment is actually for (if it turns out it is meant for us) if I change the transaction after my rec it will ruin my rec.

Hope this makes sense!

Thank you.

Bec.

5 REPLIES 5
Sydney
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Rec

Hi bec,

Simply code the credit to your suspense account, this will let you complete the bank reconcilaition. Once you have verified the details of the payment you can allocate the payment from the suspense account to the debtor or you can refund the payment to the payor if it has indeed been paid to you in error or duplication.

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
9,085 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

9,085Posts

775Kudos

1,385Solutions

Hi there @rbailey

Firstly, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I trust the detailed response from Sydney is useful to you, it's definitely a good way of handling such deposits received.

Another option you can consider is recording a $0 invoice for this client, receive the payment against the invoice, this way it will automatically create a credit note for this payment amount. You can then later going to Sales Register > Returns & Credits > apply the credit to another invoice, or issue the refund. 

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

rbailey
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you! I have just come back to find staff have changed transactions from previous months that I have reconciled which has made the last 10 months worth of recs now not balance. I've fixed them all, however I just didn't want the same thing to happen again by me just allocating these funds to my "unallocated funds" account.
Thanks for your response!!
Chantal76
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Its worth locking the period once you have done the recs. If you need to make adjustments later, you can unlock the period, make the changes and then re-lock. That way, no-one can change your transactions.
rbailey
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I do lock it every month, however a book keeper was called in while I was away and unlocked leaving it open slather for other staff...!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post