2FA - Need help NOW!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
KarenMunda
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2FA - Need help NOW!

Hi there,

I have done almost everything (except throw the computer out of the window) to resolve my 2FA issues.

MYOB is not recognising the code generated from my authenticator app on my phone and I have run out of previously supplied backup codes.

I am trying to log in to my.myob to get more codes and to change to 'email' instead of "app" to receive codes BUT I cant get in there either!!!!

To say I am frustrated is a complete understatement!

I have tried ringing (I know now is not a good time) but have had no answer...

I NEED HELP NOW! Any advice and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Re: 2FA - Need help NOW!

Hi @KarenMunda

When you mention that it's not recognising the code generated from the app, what is the specific message that comes up?

For example: You've entered the wrong verification code, it has expired, or it has already been used

If you're entering this correctly and it's popping up with that message I've seen this be caused by the Time and Date settings the App is using. 

I'd be trying the Out of Sync Timezone steps on this: Get help signing in with two-factor authentication - I'm getting an error when I enter my code

I noticed my phone had been out of sync a few days ago and had to try this. Let me know how you go.

As a small note; There is only phone support for Retail products (RetailManager & RetailBasics) today, which would explain why you couldn't get to the team. You can find more info on our post: Support over the festive season - 2018

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,357 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,357Posts

1,913Kudos

548Solutions

Hi @KarenMunda
To switch your 2FA set-up to email you need to log in to the security centre at https://my.account.myob.com/, not your my.myob page, but use the same email and password. You can also get there from the Services menu in AccountRight.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

KarenMunda
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hey @Haydes

Yep "You've entered the wrong verification code, it has expired, or it has already been used" is the exact message i'm receiving.  I have synced the Time & Date several times now & each time I do it, the app says that it was already correct?

I followed the link you provided just to be sure & I have done everything they suggested more than once.

Is it possible to have the 2FA removed from my MYOB file so that I can then go through the process of setting it up again? Im truly at a loss as to what to do until 2nd January, considering I have wages to process & invoices to produce.

Thanks,

Karen Smiley Happy

KarenMunda
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Mike_James,

I can't get in anywhere because nothing is recognising the codes produced by the app Smiley Sad

I have pretty much given up.

Thanks,

Karen Smiley Happy

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I can re-set your 2FA settings on our end, this will mean that when you next sign in you'll be prompted to set up 2FA all over again. (Ensure to remove MYOB from your authenticator app before setting it up just in case).

Is the email you're using the same as the one you're using on the Forum?

If so: Just let me know and I'll reset it here.

If not: Send me a Private Message with it and I'll re-set it asap. You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

As a small note: If there is an underlying cause with the device not producing valid authentication codes, then you may get the same problem again after it's set back up.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
BJAW
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

I was trying to reach the customer service but unfortunately they were shut for today

I will need access to my account today to process payroll

I am having the same issue with Karen Munda as I recently changed my phone and the new authenticator app on my new phone gave me codes that won't log me in on the MYOB Essentials account

The message below kept appearing 

• You've entered the wrong authentication code, it has expired, or it has already been used. How do I fix this?
Close

Get an authentication code from your authentication app.

Enter your authentication code

Trust this device for 30 days

Would you be able to turn off 2FA on my account temporarily I really need to login to my account some time today to process payroll

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks
Jee
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Hi @BJAW

I can see you also sent me a Private Message on this. From your description it looks like we just need to apply the same fix and re-set the account.

I've just done that for you now and also sent a Private Message on what happens next. You can check your Private Messages by clicking link: Private Message Inbox

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
BJAW
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden I have received your private message as well

Partner BecB86
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hi hayden, I have changed devices and trying to set it up again on my new device. i can't login to myob to change the device because alas, its asking for a authentication code... 

I have got the GA program working but when I try to use the codes its saying its expired 

Thankyou 

Bec

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post